ADVERTISEMENT

Lowest Point in More Than 40 Years

SpiderLaw

Star
Jun 8, 2003
This feels like the lowest point enthusiasm wise in more than 40 years. I have attended games since Les Hooker was coach and we played at the Richmond arena. I recall the Carl Slone years when we had a record one year of about 4-22. We certainly have had years with losing records throughout our history, but there was always a reason to hope for improvement and we did bring in good coaches that moved us up in the basketball world. Lou Goetz did not stay long enough to reap the rewards, but Duck Tarrant stepped in to improve our results and he brought in the Beckwith - Davis- Newman-Tucker class that got is in the tourney in 1984. We had mediocre and good coaches after that but the overall momentum was upward taken as a whole. In the last 16-17 years we have had a couple of really good years but overall we have been mediocre and the momentum and excitement has been lost. Time for a change before we become irrelevant. Just one man’s sentiment.

This feels like the lowest point enthusiasm wise in more than 40 years. I have attended games since Les Hooker was coach and we played at the Richmond arena. I recall the Carl Slone years when we had a record one year of about 4-22. We certainly have had years with losing records throughout our history, but there was always a reason to hope for improvement and we did bring in good coaches that moved us up in the basketball world. Lou Goetz did not stay long enough to reap the rewards, but Duck Tarrant stepped in to improve our results and he brought in the Beckwith - Davis- Newman-Tucker class that got is in the tourney in 1984. We had mediocre and good coaches after that but the overall momentum was upward taken as a whole. In the last 16-17 years we have had a couple of really good years but overall we have been mediocre and the momentum and excitement has been lost. Time for a change before we become irrelevant. Just one man’s sentiment.
17-10 it's what they all came back to experience...thanks to Mooney.

I would agree with the premise if you still had hope that the current regime was actually competent. We've had a lot of lowest points in the last 10 years. We did have back-to-back 20 loss seasons a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT