ADVERTISEMENT

Introducing the 2024-2025 Transfer Portal Tracker!

MDspider8

Starter
Apr 11, 2018
For the last two offseasons, I've been tracking our transfer portal recruitment activity by posting screenshots of a spreadsheet to the transfer portal thread. To allow this to become more of a living document and give you all access when ever you'd like, I've made it into a Google Sheet so everyone has easy access to view at their leisure. Below is the link that you can bookmark or save for easy access:

Richmond Basketball 2024-2025 Transfer Portal Tracker

These are all players who we've contacted according to various accounts on Twitter/X or other sources. To keep info organized, I'll continue to post information I find about contacts/visits etc. in the 2024 Transfer Portal Season thread as we already have quite a bit of info posted there.

If you have any suggestions on stats/data you'd like to see added, formatting, or anything else that would be helpful, please post below and I'd be happy to incorporate. I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible, but definitely let me know if I'm missing something you find. Hope everyone enjoys this!

Indeed, thank you MD. I am clearly a causal basketball fan hence my question after looking at the spreadsheet. Is there a preponderance of guards in the portal or is UR focusing on guards?

There's a preponderance of all players in the portal, but we definitely need a guard or two

have been told Manon, Beagle and Nesovic will visit this weekend, really like all 3. Get it done Will!
Really good early work in the portal. As someone noted, not a ton of size in the portal - and 2 early visits from 2 6'8 guys that look like they can contribute, as well as Manon is excellent work. Now let's close out.

We obviously need to play the numbers game, but all three being in same weekend kind of hints to me that we would tell all three they can play together here, which hints we already know of one portaler on our end. Not surprising but this kind of seems like a hint at that.

Anyway, like all three.

Reactions: spiderman
Neskovic looked really familiar watching his highlights. I watched him play once his final year in prep school at Hotchkiss. Lot of D1 talent on the floor. I was really impressed with his skill level for this size. I was thinking to myself, that guy is not a p6 recruit?? Probably not quite enough in the athleticism department, but this guy can do a lot on the floor.

Reactions: gospidersgo
Do we know how many scholarships we are working with at the moment? Were losing Bigs, King, and Quinn. Brining in 2 freshman, so would only leave one spot open as of now?

Harris is also gone, so that's two open.

There's also the hint of Graham being promised a scholarship at some point.

I'm expecting Noyes and possibly one other to leave, just my assumption (not based on any inside knowledge).

Yeah, assuming Dji comes back, we have two spots right now...4 departing and 2 incoming.

Graham situation may factor in, and then potential for any outgoing transfers.

Graham better earn time this season. if not and we really promised him 2 years, it's going to be tough to swallow using that ship.

Graham better earn time this season. if not and we really promised him 2 years, it's going to be tough to swallow using that ship.
Well the good news is, the more I think about that conversation I had in the grocery store, the less chance I think it really applied in real life? Although, it does seem odd that he would have opted out of full rides offered for a chance at a scholarship or walk on.

Well the good news is, the more I think about that conversation I had in the grocery store, the less chance I think it really applied in real life? Although, it does seem odd that he would have opted out of full rides offered for a chance at a scholarship or walk on.

Didn’t some guy tied to that hs league tweet it? It’s not a crazy proposition by any means tho I still didn’t buy it. Too risky imo. More likely he was promised opportunity to earn 1.

Reactions: spider23
Didn’t some guy tied to that hs league tweet it? It’s not a crazy proposition by any means tho I still didn’t buy it. Too risky imo. More likely he was promised opportunity to earn 1.
I didn't think it was possible. you aren't allowed to offer partial scholarship, and in effect that's what this is.
think you'd hear more of this if it was going on.

Reactions: GKiller
have we ever before? not sure who our first visits were last year, but King commited 4/17, Hunt 5/16, and Harris 6/20.

we reached out to a ton of guys last year too, just like this year. I don't think all our eggs are in this weekend's basket. we'll get good players.

It's a delicate dance too. What if we sign all three guys and then next week someone else who would have been perfect and interested in us enters the portal but we have no spots left? Ultimately if we like these three guys a lot and can get them all, a bird in hand is better than two in the bush, as they say.

I don't think you invite a portal guy to visit if you aren't offering and willing to sign him on the spot.
you've seen enough at this point. we must really like these 3.

but visits are really just starting. odds are these players are lining other visits up, and may want to see a few schools.

It's a delicate dance too. What if we sign all three guys and then next week someone else who would have been perfect and interested in us enters the portal but we have no spots left? Ultimately if we like these three guys a lot and can get them all, a bird in hand is better than two in the bush, as they say.

Over signing is ok. I said that b4 with recruiting freshman. It doesn’t matter someone will transfer and open spot. Plus it’s truly a 1 year renewable spot if this is going to be paid pseudo pro ball. Push players out. Can’t really have a 4 year non contributor. I don’t like that wish not that way but unfortunate reality.

Reactions: Eight Legger
For the last two offseasons, I've been tracking our transfer portal recruitment activity by posting screenshots of a spreadsheet to the transfer portal thread. To allow this to become more of a living document and give you all access when ever you'd like, I've made it into a Google Sheet so everyone has easy access to view at their leisure. Below is the link that you can bookmark or save for easy access:

These are all players who we've contacted according to various accounts on Twitter/X or other sources. To keep info organized, I'll continue to post information I find about contacts/visits etc. in the 2024 Transfer Portal Season thread as we already have quite a bit of info posted there.

If you have any suggestions on stats/data you'd like to see added, formatting, or anything else that would be helpful, please post below and I'd be happy to incorporate. I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible, but definitely let me know if I'm missing something you find. Hope everyone enjoys this!
Maybe minutes player per game? Might give an idea how much they contributed and their level of playing experience.

This is very impressive work and greatly appreciated. It covers a lot of what is going on, but not all. I am aware of at least one other visit not included on this chart. Thanks for putting this together.

Reactions: MDspider8
This is very impressive work and greatly appreciated. It covers a lot of what is going on, but not all. I am aware of at least one other visit not included on this chart. Thanks for putting this together.
Thanks, 80's. Yep, I don't have any inside connections to the program and unfortunately live far away from UR, so everything here is from social media/other posters here. Last year I had no idea we were involved with King until a few days before his commitment.

Please feel free to share additional info if you're able!

Thanks, 80's. Yep, I don't have any inside connections to the program and unfortunately live far away from UR, so everything here is from social media/other posters here. Last year I had no idea we were involved with King until a few days before his commitment.

I wish I could, but was asked keep what I hear confidential.

I am very impressed. Can y.ou help me with my Excel too? (bad joke). You have done a very impressive job!

here's one I don't think we knew about.
Matt Knowling - grad transfer forward from Yale. 1st team all-iy. committed to USC.

IHO: What other schools were you involved with?

MK: A lot with Loyola of Chicago and Richmond. I was contacted by about 30. Also, BC (Boston College) and Stanford. Stanford has a complicated admissions process.

here's one I don't think we knew about.
Matt Knowling - grad transfer forward from Yale. 1st team all-iy. committed to USC.

IHO: What other schools were you involved with?

MK: A lot with Loyola of Chicago and Richmond. I was contacted by about 30. Also, BC (Boston College) and Stanford. Stanford has a complicated admissions process.

good find sman. no surprise we try to go after the Ivy grads. looks like a player too, tho just 5/18 for career at 3.

more about Knowling ... I think it's kind of like Dji. if they do other things really well, you can have a non-shooter if you have the right guys around him. you can't have just that kind of player though.

looking at USC this year, they've gone nuts in the portal with what looks like all 1 year guys:
PG Bryce Pope, UCSD, 18 ppg, 4 rpg, 2 apg, 33% from 3
PG Clark Slajchert, Penn, 18 ppg, 3 rpg, 3 apg, 42% from 3
SG Chibuzo Agbo, Boise St, 14 ppg, 5 rpg, 41% from 3
SF Saint Thomas, No Colorado, 19.7 ppg, 10 rpg, 4 apg, 33% from 3
SF Matt Knowling, Yale, 11.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2 apg, non shooter from 3
PF Rashaun Agee, Bowling Green, 13 ppg, 8 rpg, 1.6 apg, non shooter from 3
C Josh Cohen, UMass, 16 ppg, 7 rpg, 1.7 apg, 34% frmo 3

Reactions: GKiller

this guy must hate winning.
parents told him losing builds character. plenty of character building done on last year's 3-29 DePaul team.

but didn't he have to grad transfer? Hard to figure out the Davidson rules. Maybe this was by choice, but since he was at already at davidson I think he could theoretically work on dual undergrad degree and play. The reverse is what is sketchy because they took that D2 grad transfer and the rules are clear u must transfer as a postgraduate which Davidson does not offer. My theory is coming from d2 rather than d1 created a loophole and a D2 grad could enroll as a D1 undergrad.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT