ADVERTISEMENT

Increased Scholarship Limit approved for FBall(and other sports)

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
I agree the transfer portal should become more important/

Present day FBS/BCS scholarship rosters will be allowed to increase from 85 to 105 next season.

20 x 130 teams = 2,600 extra scholarships

Lots of bench sitters will find their way to the portal.

Any mention of changing or increasing FCS scholarship levels? More FCS teams could come out of
there FBS games in better shape moving into their seasons.

Where are the extras for FCS???? Seems to me like the FBS now will be poaching 2,600 players who would have gone to FCS schools.

Reactions: urfan1
Where are the extras for FCS???? Seems to me like the FBS now will be poaching 2,600 players who would have gone to FCS schools.
agree...the BCS/FBS schools will now be able to take more risks on marginal prospects that may have played at the FCS level...when those risky prospects don't work out and they're buried on the depth chart maybe they'll head back to FCS, keeping a high school prospect from earning a scholarship?

It's a crazy system, but it's the only one we have...

Go Spiders!

Reactions: urfan1
I was told today MBB would increase from 13 to 15, as above. Statement also added look for more transfers as players will not like sitting on the bench.

Good info.

All fine and good, but kids who love a sport, have dedicated countless hours to be the best they can be, dream of making it to the pro level (or highest level available in the sport) are not going to be satisfied never seeing competition. Will still be plenty of talent for the non power schools in any of the sports listed. The dedicated, the driven want to compete not sit.

Believe there is less impact to this than it appears on the surface.

With the business cycle that the NIL has brought to collegiate sports, when do some of the
smaller schools file a class action suit of unfair trade practices of the larger schools?
It seems to me that the smaller schools need to get off of their asses and fight for, if nothing else,
revenue sharing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT