ADVERTISEMENT

Ebrahim Kaba 2024 Offer

Chatty offer.

Edit: I don't know why he deleted the original tweet, but five days later he posted a new one.

Last edited:
Not sure why the previous tweet from Lieberman about Kaba's visit schedule was deleted. Zagoria's one from the same day is still live. No idea if his schedule still holds though.

Just picked up a UCSB offer.

Reactions: urfan1
Northeastern visit apparently bumped forward from the original plan. Unclear if he's still visiting us this weekend.

those #notcommitted tag lines almost seem insulting to the school that hosted!
#notcommitted feels like "yeah, I went there last weekend but don't mistake that for me wanting to go there ... because I definitely don't".

Back on topic, this would be a great pick up. I'm sure Noah is a priority, but if we don't land him I like this guy next in all our "wing" prospects. 6'9 with a nice skill set. Definitely would seem like a stretch 4 type with ability to defend inside and out. The inability to land interior players has been a big issue I have had the last 10 years. Having to patch in the Kwesi's and JMA's really showed how poorly our recruiting in this area. Best I have felt in years with Soulis/Walz/Robinson in the fold, if we add Kaba that is some really good depth and options moving forward.

I'm sure Noah is a priority, but if we don't land him I like this guy next in all our "wing" prospects. 6'9 with a nice skill set. Definitely would seem like a stretch 4 type with ability to defend inside and out.
think we could fit both Noah and Kaba!

Reactions: spider23
Yeah Sal was meant to be this type of tall, rangy hybrid forward with a guard skillset. Keep trying for them for sure.

Hope we can land him. The Bona and Fordham offers tell me he can play. This is the 6'9 type of player we have been missing out on in recent years. Land Kaba and we have just secured two of our best recruiting classes back to back in quite some time.

Kaba to Bona. Schmidt doing more with less again.

Edit: MD snipes me at the buzzer yet again.

• Haha
Reactions: MDspider8
This stinks. I know 4700 says location doesn't matter to these guys, only basketball. But I constantly see Dutcher at SDSU selling San Diego as a great city to be in for 4-5 years. RIchmond should look like San Diego at least when compared to Bona. And with these recruiting classes we have coming in and the freshman, I could sell this guy on the fit. Oh well. I like the looks of Green, but think he is more duplicative with Tanner and McGlothin - but they can all fit, but Kaba seemed to have a unique size/skillset to add to the mix.

This stinks. I know 4700 says location doesn't matter to these guys, only basketball. But I constantly see Dutcher at SDSU selling San Diego as a great city to be in for 4-5 years. RIchmond should look like San Diego at least when compared to Bona. And with these recruiting classes we have coming in and the freshman, I could sell this guy on the fit. Oh well. I like the looks of Green, but think he is more duplicative with Tanner and McGlothin - but they can all fit, but Kaba seemed to have a unique size/skillset to add to the mix.
Kaba was interesting with his length, but from the highlights he seems like strictly a spot up shooter ... albeit a good one. his video definitely reminds of Sal though, not that I was holding that against him.

where did we see that Green the hottest lead left? Jennings visited. sounds like we were checking in on Jenkins a couple weeks ago. Wooley, Daugherty, Walker, Millicevic and Ritter all offered and still available.

If you weren’t worried about classes or level of basketball, then Olean over Santa Barbara is an interesting choice for 4 years…

Reactions: spider23
If you weren’t worried about classes or level of basketball, then Olean over Santa Barbara is an interesting choice for 4 years…
interesting offer map. I count 30 offers, geographically spread almost as much as possible hitting all corners of the continental USA.

Northwest: Washington State
Southwest: UC Santa Barbara
Southeast: Florida Gulf Coast, Florida International
Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire

and everything in between.

Kaba was interesting with his length, but from the highlights he seems like strictly a spot up shooter ... albeit a good one. his video definitely reminds of Sal though, not that I was holding that against him.

where did we see that Green the hottest lead left? Jennings visited. sounds like we were checking in on Jenkins a couple weeks ago. Wooley, Daugherty, Walker, Millicevic and Ritter all offered and still available.
Green is the only one I saw on our open 2024 offer list who is planned for an official visit. Jennings visit was unofficial I believe, although I guess that doesn't mean as much now that players can take unlimited OV's if they want. Still, I view an OV as a hotter lead than unofficial.

Makes it seem like Green is a bit closer to committing somewhere than Jennings would be.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT