ADVERTISEMENT

Deion's Value

Kendall played tough defense.
Yes, he made guys work hard to bring the ball up. He never got more than a steal per game though, and he logged a ton of minutes. I just think the Spides might get better overall defensive production from some new blood. Kendall was a warrior. I'll not soon forget his contributions to the @VCU win.

Yes, he made guys work hard to bring the ball up. He never got more than a steal per game though, and he logged a ton of minutes. I just think the Spides might get better overall defensive production from some new blood. Kendall was a warrior. I'll not soon forget his contributions to the @VCU win.

Our defense was top 50 the past two years in terms of points allowed per possession with Kendall playing 36+ minutes a game, so I don't think he was a liability on defense. Will our defense improve this year with large guards taking over Kendall's minutes? Perhaps, but we are also losing ANO. One thing that should make our defense better is the shot clock going down to 30s (which is extremely likely). Our defense forced opponents to take a very long time to shoot the ball (23rd longest in the country) and forced them to take bad shots (41.7% of opponents shots were 2pt jumpers, 9th most in the country). With opponents getting even less time I expect our defense will be even more efficient.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT