ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton White-Out Game (Mens) Thread 6pm Sat 1/27 CBSSN

I believe I saw it mentioned that at least one of our recruits for next year is coming in for Dayton, correct? Any others we know of, including uncommitted recruits, juniors, local guys?

Remember so many of those games you guys recalled.

I'll add one. NIT game but one of the best we played. Dominating blowout win over West Virginia in the RC after being denied the CAA tourny and at-large when transitioning to A10. We were out to prove something end of the regular season and that game against WVU. On fire!

Was at the WVU NIT game, terrific game. Eric Zwayer even got a dunk. Spiders owned Gale Catlett that night.

The Temple game, they had zero points at the 9m mark of the first half. Believe students chanted “You still have zero” at them after awhile. Was an espn game I think.

That Temple game was crazy. I've never seen a team go that long without a point. Although we didn't get a ton either. I think it was only like 11-0.

Best pure atmosphere in the RC was that Syracuse NIT game. Just wild. Unfortunately it didn't last too long since we got killed, but it was something.

Yeah. I knew we held Temple scoreless for the longest time. 11 minutes is remarkable!

Yeah, almost mentioned the Syracuse game. There was a lot of buzz and great atmosphere for that one. Honestly, I think our crazy crowd scared our own team.

I thought the more recent Miami NIT game was a fantastic atmosphere as well. Big halftime lead slipped away in the end, but it was a great, fun game.

Reactions: mojo-spider
Best pure atmosphere in the RC was that Syracuse NIT game. Just wild. Unfortunately it didn't last too long since we got killed, but it was something.

Agree Cuse NIT game was great sellout crowd. I think we only got that home game bc of some conflict at Carrier Dome. we battled hard that game, Cuse pulled away more late in 2nd half but clearly better team. Too bad we'd have gone to MSG. Hakim Warrick was a beast and their zone length gave us trouble all game. Cuse went on to win natty the next year....tho maybe due to someone named Melo lol. When Ungerer subbed out at end Boeheim pulled him over to congratulate him on career, that was nice gesture. Ungerer was from Syracuse.

I remember going to the venerable Potter's Pub b4 the game. Let's just say they had no idea of the NIT game that night. It was jammed and they weren't ready for that onslaught.

I think we only got that home game bc of some conflict at Carrier Dome.
Syracuse was hosting the NCAA regionals starting a couple of days later and I guess they couldn't squeeze our game in before it.

Reactions: GKiller
The Navy and JMU games during Tarrant's years were amazing, fans were there and going strong well before the game. I'm told DT used to make rounds to the dining hall and dorms before the games encouraging the students to show and be loud. They responded,

So I assume with this game on CBSSN, I can expect same nonsense and won’t be able to stream it bc I don’t have cable? I’m making plans in advance, not missing this one like last night.

The irony of an app that needs you to tether to a cable provider is rich.

• Angry
Reactions: Gallipoli
So I assume with this game on CBSSN, I can expect same nonsense and won’t be able to stream it bc I don’t have cable? I’m making plans in advance, not missing this one like last night.

youtubetv will work with CBSSN if you have it ..

Henry Danger Antenna GIF by Nickelodeon

youtubetv will work with CBSSN if you have it ..
Nope. I’m streaming apps only. No local tv except what the apps get me. This is why it’s frustrating to subscribe to something like Peacock when they fail to include content from their other channels for which they have separate apps that they tether to cable. I’m assuming CBSSN is the exact same way and the game is not available on Paramount +

Reactions: SpiderDogg
If rabbit ear antenna could get me the game you better believe I would hook that up.

in these situations u always have to have that 1 bar. The blue oyster bar or wherever u have to go. It's never ever the trendy wine bar. It's not that bar that sman and 23 hang out in with Jared Grasso. Those bars have no clue and don't even know how to operate TVs. It's usually a smoking bar. & u usually can't see into the bar from outside. Blue collar. They will actually give u the remote to change channels yourself. Just give me the 1 TV, don't small talk me let me watch the Spiders in peace.

Real litmus test for the Spiders. A10 is thought of as Dayton and everyone else. Richmond gets the first shot to be in the discussion.

As has been said before, it is great that the Spiders have this game on the home floor and I am really looking forward to being there Saturday.

Dayton hasn’t really been challenged in conference, but the analytics on Torvik show a one point game. Go Spiders!

Yeah, McNeese is heavily favored over a bad New Orleans squad, so they are very likely to move to a 13-game streak. But we would be at least tied for 2nd at 10!

Reactions: urfan1
who has the breakdown on Dayton? I know about Holmes but haven't paid attention to them at all (been too busy here, clearly.)

Does Dayton have a forum? There are several,but they have paywalls. This is the only one I have found.

Yeah I looked as well but as you saw the Rival's is locked down/paywalled. I did learn a bit from the 1st post a bit ..

"Trevor Smith's father (Tim Smith) is the all-time leading scorer at East Tennessee State.

Ryan Soulis's father played 8 years as a pro basketball player in Europe.

Quentin Southall's father served 27 years in the secret service and provided protection for every president from Richard Nixon to Donald Trump."

another quote from their board "7’0 260 will give DH2 problems unless he has concrete shoes"

Yeah I looked as well but as you saw the Rival's is locked down/paywalled. I did learn a bit from the 1st post a bit ..

"Trevor Smith's father (Tim Smith) is the all-time leading scorer at East Tennessee State.

Ryan Soulis's father played 8 years as a pro basketball player in Europe.

Quentin Southall's father served 27 years in the secret service and provided protection for every president from Richard Nixon to Donald Trump."
Wow, that is some impressive oppo research, diving into walk-ons parents occupations.

Here's the sports link to the Dayton Daily News -
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...f-the-year-so-far/BRUQPFQGZ5E47HATQ4IIUSRB6M/

and to say some things about them - the long time sports writer - now retired - exchanged emails with me on A-10 games after I met him at one of the first games we had with Dayton at Robins. Their paper had/has some of the best A-10 coverage available. Also have found their fans to be some of the nicest - maybe the nicest in the A-10 - based on talking with them after games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT