ADVERTISEMENT

Coastal Carolina coach is more than a multimillionaire

32counter

Spider's Club
Apr 8, 2008
Siesta Key,FL
Joe Moglia in his 3rd year in Conway,SC

Moglia served as TD Ameritrade's Chief Executive Officer for seven years (2001-08). Under his leadership, the company had a 500 percent return on investment, and the firm's market cap increased from $700 million to $10 billion. Prior to joining TD Ameritrade, Moglia spent 17 years working with Merrill Lynch (1984-2001).

Before entering the business world, Moglia was a football coach for 16 years. He won two Ivy League championships as defensive coordinator at Dartmouth (1982-83), set defensive and special teams records at Lafayette (1978-80) and turned around two high school programs.

He has served on the board of several not-for-profit and educational organizations, including STRATCOM Consultation Committee, Creighton University, Fordham Preparatory School, National Italian American Foundation, Omaha Chamber of Commerce and Boy Scouts of America.

Moglia graduated from Fordham University with a bachelor's degree in economics in 1971, earning Dean's List recognition and acceptance into Omicron Delta Epsilon (National Economic Honor Society). He went on to receive his Master of Science degree in education from the University of Delaware in 1974 and holds honorary doctorate degrees from Fordham University (Humane Letters) and Bellevue University (Commerce).

Maglio was the top bond trader at Merrill Lynch.

This post was edited on 11/29 10:04 PM by 32counter

Wow, that's an unbelievable story. I trade options, and one of my accounts is ThinkorSwim, which had a great options trading platform. TDAmeritrade bought them. It must be great to be such a successful CEO, that you can enjoy a passion, such as coaching a D1 college football team.

Great story or not, I hope we crush them like the cockroaches they are.

Oh how sweet it is to knock off those at the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go spiders MOO DA Chains First Down

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT