ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Gaitley

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
Fordham suddenly parted ways with Gaitley on Thursday night, and based on a subsequent blog post from a former player, there had been an ongoing investigation into her treatment of her players, and it was apparently brought to a head when legal action started. Second time she's lost a coaching job under similar-ish circumstances.

A blog post from another former player a few years ago...

Some of her players have come out in support of her, but there are other families starting to come forward with their own stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: spider3309
I expect she will land as an assistant somewhere and be under a microscope
of a strong coach. Interesting reading the blogs and comparing to some of
our discussion on Mooney’s substitution routine.

I expect she will land as an assistant somewhere and be under a microscope
of a strong coach. Interesting reading the blogs and comparing to some of
our discussion on Mooney’s substitution routine.
I hope not. She should never coach again. There is no justification for the way she treated some players.

One side of the story has been revealed. No way to know all the dynamics of the situation without hearing the other side of the story.

I have had kids on my teams "interact" with her. I will say that my kids are taught to do due diligence. To ask around, make connections etc. and not just listen to recruiting pandering etc. Every kid who ever did that with her simply crossed her off their lists. What's out there isn't good. Always two sides to a story, but there is a lot out there - - - recent and dating back to UR. She wont ever be a D1 head coach again - - I'd feel real confident in that. Can she get a job as an assistant at a P5 school - - - probably.

Reactions: wr70beh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT