ADVERTISEMENT

Choked again!!

I don't think you can call it choking when we never had the lead the entire game.

Choked the whole season buddy. Had a chance to make something of the year and lost to another chicken shi- team.

Wonder how long it'll be before the talk of "looking forward to next season & how great we'll be". There's plenty of that in the archives.

Can only hope we'll have a true point guard for our O next season, because we need it. And that player needs to challenge himself to get to the FT line at least 10+ times. It's why KA, Ced, Holloway and other guards in recent A10 were the players they were. It's not all about shooting. It's about getting your team the points they need for a W by doing whatever it takes. And that's even more critical when playing on the road. I believe SDJ can be that type of guard if he's given the chance, the confidence and the minutes to do it. Would love to see that emerge fully this season but only seeing small glimpses so far. We can always dream, though!

Guys like Ced and KA are rare. KO is great, but wish he could play the 2 spot.

Assume you mean you wish we would let K0 play the 2 spot, in which case I agree completely.

Agree that Kendall is awesome but he should be allowed to be the great shooter he is without all the other PG expectations. Also agree with our coaches that it really isn't a big deal on who starts vs who is on the floor and making the difference and good decisions at the end. That's why I would have liked to see them try playing SDJ at the start and let K0 come off the bench once in a while. If nothing else, it would confuse our opponents and get them off balance for at least a few min because they've game planned for K0 much more. May not have changed results, but even if it kept us close at the beginning of road games when we've had slow starts, that would have been a nice change.

We won't have a different result next year against a team like LaSalle unless their talent really falls off. If Fore comes in and plays meaningful minutes he's a small point guard as well. Maybe if Smithen can play some point. BTW, are we red-shirting him I assume because of his injury?

I don't see the size of our PG's being a problem. more of an advantage. yeah, they backed Kendall down early. not a big deal. those couple of basket may stand out, but bigger problems were transition baskets, foul shots, and Jerrell Wright having his way inside. he's a pretty good post player.

Kendall's advantages far outweigh his disadvantages. if you want us to land a 6'3" PG, I guarantee you after 4 years you won't look back on him like we do KA and KO. great PG's with great size go higher major. Kendall was looked over for a reason, but the only reason is his size. he's a GREAT basketball player. go ask Shaka what the key to our team is. put a big PG out there and havoc will eat him up.

and Kadeem isn't significantly taller than Khwan. ignore the height listed on the roster. they're not 3" apart.

Originally posted by spiderman:
I don't see the size of our PG's being a problem. more of an advantage. yeah, they backed Kendall down early. not a big deal. those couple of basket may stand out, but bigger problems were transition baskets, foul shots, and Jerrell Wright having his way inside. he's a pretty good post player.

Kendall's advantages far outweigh his disadvantages. if you want us to land a 6'3" PG, I guarantee you after 4 years you won't look back on him like we do KA and KO. great PG's with great size go higher major. Kendall was looked over for a reason, but the only reason is his size. he's a GREAT basketball player. go ask Shaka what the key to our team is. put a big PG out there and havoc will eat him up.

and Kadeem isn't significantly taller than Khwan. ignore the height listed on the roster. they're not 3" apart.
??? I thought Kadeem was listed at 6'3" and Khwan at 6'2"?

Well maybe we wouldn't have been down 16 if we weren't racking up fouls on back downs etc. The only reason that game was close was LaSalle stupidly got away from repeating that same philosophy in the 2nd half. Plus, how do you think they got 36 foul shots and KA0 was sitting on the bench for most of the first half and Shawndre picked up some as well. This was all due to their size advantage all over the court.

Khwan is listed at 6'0". assuming that's accurate I'd say Kadeem is about 6'1" - 6'1.5" tops.
Khwan I believe is a true PG. Kadeem more combo guard, like Dobbins with a better shot hopefully.

OLMLCVIUNVJAAQR.20141217182053.jpg

Originally posted by SpiderFan:
We won't have a different result next year against a team like LaSalle unless their talent really falls off. If Fore comes in and plays meaningful minutes he's a small point guard as well. Maybe if Smithen can play some point. BTW, are we red-shirting him I assume because of his injury?
Fore has AT LEAST 4 inches on K0, probably closer to 6. He might be small, but K0 is the smallest player in the A10 by a lot and 4-6 inches is a ton.

This post was edited on 2/6 2:28 PM by fan2011

Originally posted by SpiderFan:
Well maybe we wouldn't have been down 16 if we weren't racking up fouls on back downs etc. The only reason that game was close was LaSalle stupidly got away from repeating that same philosophy in the 2nd half. Plus, how do you think they got 36 foul shots and KA0 was sitting on the bench for most of the first half and Shawndre picked up some as well. This was all due to their size advantage all over the court.
we let Kendall defend without help at first, arguably too long because they did hit some shots. but you don't switch how you defend just because a guy makes a basket. we adjusted, though.

Kendall didn't sit out most of the 1st half. he ended up playing pretty much his usual minutes. SDJ only picked up one foul. our bigs had most of the fouls.

ideally for defense and rebounding we'd be huge all over the court but some of our best ever, like Kendall and KA, have been the little guys that slipped through the cracks of the bigger programs. I'd love Kendall to be 6'3", but then either he wouldn't be Kendall or he wouldn't be here.

he scored 23 and it wasn't even a great shooting night for him. he presents as much or more of a matchup problem for other teams.

Careful Spider-Man. RAMspider could be lurking and you could embarrass her. Oh wait, she no longer cares to post here since she really has no interest in UR ....and she was already embarrassed on Saturday.

64. You think SpiderRam was pulling our chain? Ha! I think I will be a HooHokie or DevilHeel next time.

Originally posted by spiderman:
Khwan is listed at 6'0". assuming that's accurate I'd say Kadeem is about 6'1" - 6'1.5" tops.
Khwan I believe is a true PG. Kadeem more combo guard, like Dobbins with a better shot hopefully.

ec

Once 44 and 22 start playing meaningful minutes next year, the sky's the limit here at UR. .

This post was edited on 2/7 5:22 AM by wr70beh

I think we need to focus our attention on UR spring football.

Speaking of football....Interesting that the tiny university in Richmond has football (including a D1 NC). Meanwhile the huge state university in Richmond, the media darlings and the overwhelming favorite of the population, does not field a team! Go figure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT