ADVERTISEMENT

Charles Crawford

Spiders05

May 12, 2003
Richmond, VA
www.spidernation.com
I'm incredibly frustrated, as I can't get the article to post...Below is the text of the article. I will attempt to work on this again tonight to see if I can get it posted to the site. My apologies, but didn't want to leave you all hanging.
-------------------

Wave of new offers – Crawford

On December 14, Russ Huesman made his return back to the University of Richmond. The former defensive coordinator of the 2008 National Championship team was now taking over the program.

Richmond had a very strong beginning to its recruiting class, with 9 verbal commitments. Since the new staff took over, two verbals, Lachlan Pitts and Thyrick Pitts have reopened their recruitments, leaving the Spiders with a solid core of seven verbals.

In addition to having to assemble his new staff, Heusman had to assess the recruiting board and hit the ground running. Within a week of his arrival, Richmond had extended four new offers;Jordan Payne, RB out of GA, Charles Crawford, athlete out of AL, Jack Doherty, tackle out of TN and Allan George, CB out of AL.

Spidernation was able to catch up with 3 of the new offerees over the weekend to discuss their recruiting, where Richmond stood, visit dates and decision dates. Over the next couple of days, Spidernation will detail those conversations, starting with Crawford.

Charles Crawford

Crawfordjust knows how to play the game and plays at a high level. The only thing holding him back is his size. He's sitting on offers from 13 schools, including Columbia, Central Arkansas, Kennesaw St. and the Citadel. With an offer from Columbia and a 3.7 GPA academics won't be an issue.

Crawfordplays both sides of the ball and is being recruited as an athlete by the staff. New defensive coordinatorAdam Braithwaite, first identified Crawford the week before making the move to Richmond.

At 5'10, he's not a huge guy, but plays the ball at its highest point and is a physical tackler. He plays bigger than he is and plays with a chip on his shoulder. Crawford caught 35 passes for 735 yards and 10 TDs, rushed for 137 yards on 22 carries and returned 25 kicks for 629 yards and four TDs. At cornerback, his favorite position, he had 49 tackles.

Crawford will be visiting Richmond on January 20th and currently has a top 3 of Richmond, Central Arkansas and Kennesaw St.

Stay tuned over the next couple of days for Payne and Doherty.

----

Talk about it insideSpiderNation

• Follow us on Twitter@SpiderSportsHub

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News