ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball's Future

SpiderVol

Team Manager
Sep 21, 2001
Want to keep this on the premium board because these types of posts can get out of hand on the bball board, especially after last nights poor performance.

I have always supported the program and the administrations decisions. I was a big fan of Jim Miller and David a Walsh and trusted their decisions. But I'm starting to lose faith since Keith Gill stepped in.

As another well known poster commented to me yesterday, Gill is an absentee AD. He appears to still live in DC with his girlfriend most of the time as if he never left American University. He is easily the least visible, least heard AD I have ever experienced. This worries me.

In terms of Mooney and his program I'm starting to think we need some new blood. But I'm happy with the current class of freshman and the incoming class look strong as well.

The current JR and SO class is what has set the program back. The Recruiting was so poor that the JR class basically doesn't exist. You can't have that many complete misses in a recruiting year.

The SO class might turn out fun next year when Stansbury gets eligible and if Johnson and afore continue to develop. But I think the real issue with that class are the two guys sitting on the bench taking up valuable scholarships for the HS class of 2018.

I hate it when coaches run players off. But in our case, I don't think we will ever turn the corner if we don't open up at least 1 scholarship for that class (without losing a good player) and get at least one very good+ player in the class of 2018.

JR - Stansbury, Fore, Johnson
SO - Buckingham, Sherod, Golden
FR - Gillyard, Schneider, Ford, Verbinskis, Cayo

I'm comfortable giving Mooney another 2 years to do something great with this core. But if he doesn't have at least once spot to sign someone like Bryce Golden next year I feel like we will be back in this same position 3-4 years down the road.

Reactions: iSpider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News