ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Allanson Jr. honored

Wood Hall

Team Manager
Jan 26, 2015
Speaking of legacy players, Andy Allanson Jr. plays for the Ridgefield (Vancouver, Wash.) Raptors in the West Coast League and he was recently named one of the league's Spotlight Players. He just finished his sophomore season at the College of the Canyons in California and hit .354/.406/.549 with seven homers and 36 RBIs. He is listed as uncommitted for his junior season. Maybe our new coach should contact him.

32, I think we can agree on this one! 😁

Reactions: 32counter
Allanson Sr. is a reason I ended up attending Richmond. Wasn't familiar with UR, but had gotten some mailings from them, then happened to be flipping through some baseball cards, saw his and noticed that he had attended Richmond. Took a little deeper look at it, and the rest is history.

With the grief that Huesman receives from some on these boards, who can blame his son for not coming here?
Alternatively... For all the money Huesman has made in six years despite delivering only one playoff appearance, his kid should be thrilled by our low standards.

Reactions: PASpider
We were 9-4 last year, made it to the second round of the playoffs before losing to an undefeated team by one TD after travelling the entire way across the country. We would have easily been a playoff team in 2021 had Mancuso stayed healthy. We were 3-1 in the shortened 2020-21 season.

I would say that's a positive trend, except I know what happens to those who say positive things about any program on this board. We had the best overall athletic program in the A-10 in 2022-23 but somehow we are not committed to being good in anything.

Reactions: urfan1
Let's see how we do in football this year. Last year was a unicorn in his tenure here and our success mostly was attributable to an assistant coach bringing his two top guns from VMI. They're all gone now. I hope we do well, but his track record doesn't inspire much confidence.

Reactions: PASpider
No, never. Except for post 2 in this very same thread, of course.

Last edited:
It sure is... it helped dictate the course of my entire life after the age of 17 and got me affiliated with UR. I'd say it's been a huge positive.

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT