ADVERTISEMENT

Affordable Care Act: Employers Cut Health Coverage

Jan 1, 2013
We should keep a running list of all companies who have either eliminated health care coverage for employees (or their families) or eliminated jobs because of Obamacare. Target just cut health coverage for about 40,000 part time people. Anyone who sees any additions, please post a link and add to the list.

Target 40,000
This post was edited on 1/24 8:49 AM by StonesRiverSpid

Target Eliminates Coverage for Part Time Workers

they are in their death spiral and know it so not quite salivating but preparing for their close up and go away.

Well, if that's the case, great. They brought it upon themselves. It's not like they've not had any warning for the past 100 years plus.

amazing but typical liberal. interesting that "choice" is such a dem mantra until it comes to something really important like education or our healthcare. well you got it buddy and hope you enjoy and know you will. on to big oil and all the rest now.....

Well, gorsh.. by golly, I be 'umbled; an identity and compliment all rolled into one. Thankee.

good luck and happy sailing my friend.......HA..........you don't get it and you have no idea but hey, as long as it makes you feel good that is all that really counts in your life and all is good. yippee

"Big Tobacco"?
Give examples, if you can, of any other industry in the US where a consumer has no idea or even ballpark of the costs of services to be received and is dependent on a third party, whom the consumer has paid, who has "negotiated" with the provider as to an amount that the third party will pay without any input from the consumer. Or the consumer is without coverage and is given a price, a huge multiplier above what the insurance companies negotiated for the same services.
Lets see someone put that comparison chart together listing all the companies and what they negotiated with the providers and what they charge the consumers.

Didnt BCBS have to pay a settlement in VA about 20 years ago or so for their either collusion or strong arming the providers?

The system is messed up and the opaqueness left the door open for the passing of the ACA. The ACA is still opaque. It does not get to the bottom of the rot.

Re: Snake bit

Here is an example of my experience with health insurance......I went to the Emergency Room with some pretty bad pain in my side. They gave me a painkiller and ran multiple tests on me. I had a CT scan and a radiologist determined I had to have my appendix removed. A surgeon was called in the middle of the night and showed up at the hospital to remove my appendix. I left the next day around noon and was back at work 2 days later. It cost me like $200. I'm not sure how much better that could have worked. Now, I understand that I'm one of the evil people that works for a living and has insurance but I sure didn't/don't have many complaints. Only our gov't - and especially this president - can seek to solve an issue for a small minority of people by disrupting the overwhelming majority. It's like these guys don't even consider the ramifications of their decision. Kind of like raising the federal minimum wage. Where does this clown think that money comes from???

Do you pay your monthly premium or is it subsidized by your employment. When you went into the hospital were you advised on the costs? I am self employed. My premium is outrageous. So I guess I am part of the small minority.

I work for a company that self insures and I pay a lot each month. However, you are correct in that the company also subsidizes the cost. It is certainly expensive, but it works. This government deal is not going to work. It is going to create 2 healthcare systems - one government freebie that is adequate at best and the other system for people that can afford to pay a little more and get the state of the art care with the best and brightest doctors like we get now. More class warfare which seems to be what this admin is all about. I really, really hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid I'm closer to right.

those insurance companies, who have enough patients, can go to providers and negotiate a lower price because they can guarantee them business/income, simple principle. do you not think the government does not negotiate, well they do not, they actually tell the providers, you charge X but we are only going to pay you X - 30% or something, same principle though one is negotiated the other is forced. the idea is to cut costs for the govt or ins company thus attempt to hold down the consumer premium and out of pocket cost. of course, the consumer plays no part in either of these entities' bargaining just as we do not when a retailer buys their products to sell to us. feel for you, being self-insured, you have no advocate to attempt to lower your costs other than finding a big enough company, blue cross comes to mind, which can lower your costs, somewhat, by negotiating with docs, hospitals and labs, etc. my son is self-insured, millions are and they are now in the midst of having their coverage dropped or their premium tripling or quadrupling in order to meet this new boondoggle of a law. realize that our insurance system is not perfect, it needed some tweaking but we have is so grossly overbearing and the wrong way for us the consumer and the country cannot afford it, period, my only problem. this is our government, so bloated, inefficient, wasteful, fraud-ridden taking over something they cannot possibly handle. we have just made the wrong turn on this, my only complaint. A, hope you can find something that will be better for you but not sure you will but who knows. we are now stuck with this so can only hope that it does not destroy the country financially and at some point it might work properly but, again, it is the government and if they were a private business would be gone, shut down, out of business because a business cannot be run this inefficiently and recklessly and survive for even a month or two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT