ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Richmond Spiders Football - Opponents Countdown - Elon Phoenix

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

wow!...the Spiders open their defense of the CAA Championship with what's arguably one of their toughest opponents...I hope Wofford, Charleston Southern and Delaware State prepared us well...

the Phoenix, formerly known as the Fighting Christians, have been awful tough on the Spiders since Coach Huesman arrived...they've won 5 of the last 6 full season games...Richmond has not won at Elon since Danny Rocco was coach!

I expect Elon to be a Championship contender despite the Media Day poll picked them 6th in the 16 team league...Richmond will find out quickly in this one what its going to take to defend our Championship...the Phoenix bring back a lot of talent and experience on both sides of the ball...coach Trisciani believes his team is ready to break through the Championship door after just missing their piece last season...

Spiders fans painfully remember losing last season's CAA opener...as a result we had to run the table with 7 straight wins to get a piece of the Championship...in the 16 team CAA with the crazy scheduling you can just about count on a logjam at the top of the league every year...it might take seven CAA wins again...a win over a competitor on the road would be giant for Richmond...the margin for error in the CAA is very slim...I'm not sure we can win seven in a row again!

enjoy the Countdown!

Go Spiders!

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo-spider
Duke lost a lot and Elon pass protection was awful. Elon had a very good punter and Brayboy is still there
and dangerous wr and returner. Duke passing game opened up the running

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT