ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - Virginia Cavaliers

Need a power back which we have been missing for years. How many 5'11", 200 lbs guys do you need?

Diversity in the backfield is and has been needed for quite some time.
Ha! We used to have them...since 2005...Hightower, Vaughan, Gaskins, Green, Fisher and I'm sure a couple more that I've forgotten...sure hope that jumbo package yields results...not getting those first downs may have kept us from getting it to a one possession game!

Go Spiders!

I had been hoping that we had a quarterback who could complete a pass longer than 6 yards.

Reactions: SpiderK
I had been hoping that we had a quarterback who could complete a pass longer than 6 yards.
UVA played 4-5 deep on Saturday.No way we were going to throw into/over that.They more than respected Udinski’s throwing ability.That’s likely the reason we had a good running game because they were light in the Box given their redistribution of manpower.

Last edited:
I have pleated with Russ to work out these unused tight ends for the soul purpose of jumbo situations. set in his own ways, to say the least.
Some of the best backs we've had followed great blocking fullbacks but that was a different era I suppose. Not being under center with a jumbo package on short yardage just seems wrong to me. Why would you line up 5 yards off the ball when you need 1 yard. Must be the new math.

Change of subject....there were several Spider basketball players at the game including Quinn and some Lady Spiders as well. They sat as a group. Love seeing the cross over support.

Reactions: urfan1
Change of subject....there were several Spider basketball players at the game including Quinn and some Lady Spiders as well. They sat as a group. Love seeing the cross over support.
Could we borrow Walz and Quinn,both at 250, to play DL for at least 1/2 the pigskin season?

Could we borrow Walz and Quinn,both at 250, to play DL for at least 1/2 the pigskin season?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Hello Spiders. Thought you guys played well, agree game was closer than the score. You've got a good team, some nice pieces, your lines we better than expected. Your pass defense was solid, The Hoos basically sold out to limit the quick game of Udkinski which left the Hoos for much of the game light in the box, and you took advantage as you should. Clean game for a Game 1. I think you'll have a lot of success, and I like a lot of Hoos ill keep an eye out for you and wish you a lot of success. Make the playoffs! Cheers.

KE: Did you notice whether, or not, Quinn was wearing a boot for his foot injury? Ha! I realize the Lady Spiders may have been a distraction.
Go Spiders!

Now, going to throw a curveball. Believe it was Walz and not Quinn after studying team photos again.

Sorry, my bad.

• Haha
Reactions: mojo-spider
Was not in a boot.
KE...I was in the middle of a fun tailgate before today's game when I saw this group of real familiar looking big guys walking through the festivities...

finally it clicked, Burton, Quinn, Palz and an unknown 4th player walked by enjoying themselves...

despite all of the distractions milling around, I can say unequivocally that Quinn was not wearing a boot...his feet aren't that pretty, but they looked big and healthy!

Go Spiders!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT