ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Richmond Spiders Football - Prologue - William and Mary

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

with another Championship and Playoff miss already on the books, Richmond fans are extremely lucky to have this historic rivalry to look forward to at the end of each season...even Coach Huesman realizes it...yesterday he basically said it would be crazy if anyone ever tried to move it from each season's final game...

Cary Field is my second favorite stadium in which to watch a football game...the Spiders have had some great mojo there as the William and Mary fan so eloquently lamented in another thread this week...I think I've enjoyed every one of the games he mentions...wouldn't it be something if we could end their Playoffs chances again?

how many teams get to play a former head coach two weeks in a row?...this week it's Mike London...Spiders fans know that one of Coach London's finest traits is player motivation...I expect the Indians will be on the warpath when they take the field...it's been a long Championship and Playoff drought for the Tribe too...

meanwhile the Spiders, besides trying to end W&M's Playoff chances, will be trying for their fourth straight win and a winning season...Kobie Turner framed it up well yesterday saying the team needs to prove it's better than its record indicates...adding a little extra fire for the Spiders its likely being the final football game ever for many players...we should be ready for the battle!

so it's all in there on the Reservation Saturday...a great combination of real time drama and years of history...I think we can dash the Tribe's hopes again!

64-63-5...

enjoy the Prologue...

Go Spiders!

Go Spiders!

Reactions: 32counter
Meaningless game for the Spiders. Too little too late.
Always sorry for the kids NEVER EXPERIENCING A PLAYOFF GAME

He has told me how one of his friends stole the painting of William and Mary and hung it in his dorm. Several years ago, I confirmed it from the perpetrator.

If this game is meaningless to this football team then you have discovered the root of the problem. I hope you're wrong.

Meaningless game for the Spiders.
Exactly.As always terrific insights.We polled all 90 rostered UR players and coaches yesterday and they all said the same unanimously.The 22 outgoing “seniors”were especially adamant against even taking the bus ride to Williamsburg.If coerced they most would rather go sightseeing all that Colonial stuff and have a pre-Thanksgiving meal at CHOWNING'S TAVERN

Last edited:
I’ve gone to Bill and Mary / Spider games since I was a kid. It’s not meaningless but certainly lost a lot of luster with neither team having any post season hope.

Meaningless in the sense that at this point, nothing less than making playoffs means anything to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT