ADVERTISEMENT

2019 MLAX Schedule

Spiders10

Team Manager
Feb 6, 2008
Since the MLAX schedule hasn't been released yet, I dug around at some other school's sites and pieced together what we have so far. Waiting on a couple of OOCs. Not playing Syracuse, and not playing UNC this year. Return game with Notre Dame, maybe?

1/26/19: at Navy (exhibition?)
2/16/19: at Bucknell
2/19/19: UMBC
3/1/19: Duke
3/5/19: Mt St Mary's
3/9/19: VMI
3/16/19: Furman
3/23/19: at Bellarmine
3/29/19: at Virginia
4/6/19: at Jacksonville
4/13/19: at Air Force
4/20/19: Mercer
4/27/19: at High Point

The PDF version of Navy's schedule, that you can get to from the article linked by 32 in that other thread, lists the game between Navy and Richmond as an exhibition.

Official schedule release

Absolutely love the opening round match up against Maryland. Over the years I felt the Spiders started off slow in the opening game and even losing (like UMBC last year). This game will certainly get the team hyped up and I’m hoping we can get off to the fast start and surprise a Maryland team who may be rusty their first game. The game at Bucknell may also end up as a sneaky good win at the end of the year, if we can pull it off.

Last edited:
Until the team gets to conference play, this schedule is brutal. But really good. With the type of prep and competition this team is going to get every week for the first several games, they should blow through the conference slate. Great job by the staff.

Until the team gets to conference play, this schedule is brutal. But really good. With the type of prep and competition this team is going to get every week for the first several games, they should blow through the conference slate. Great job by the staff.

Jacksonville will be very,very good this year.We play them in JAX.
Air Force will be back having spent last year in purgatory.We play them in the rarified air of AFA.The SoCon has improved no doubt.

Strong competition in the SoCon this year. Air Force will be up there with High Point too and maybe Jacksonville even though they had a tough loss to Detroit Mercy last week

Spiders down 6-3 with 8 minutes left in 2nd quarter. Spiders playing well in all positions except one. Unfortunately, that one position is face off. Maryland has won all 11 face offs so far in the game. Hard to win when you can’t get the ball

Down 8-3 at half without winning one face-off. That is clearly the biggest difference with us as a program and top programs like Maryland, Yale, Duke, etc. Face-off guy. We held our ground well in every other aspect of the game. But when a great team like Maryland has possession of the ball for nearly the entire half, hard to stop them from scoring goals.

Spiders lose 10-9. Incredible job by Chemotti making the half-time and 4th quarter defensive adjustments needed to stop Maryland's attack. Our offensive trio of Hattfield, Lee, and Lanchbury (who had 5 goals today) will be very tough to stop. This team never quits. I love watching them play because I always feel that no matter who we play - even the #3 team in the country - we have a chance to win. Again, biggest difference maker today was face-offs. We only won 3. I expected Maryland to win the majority but we need to get somewhere in the 30% range if we want to have a chance of winning these games. Still an incredibly valiant effort by our guys.

Definitely the tale of two halves. In the first half, as I sat freezing to death, I couldn’t
help but think “we are not ready for this level of play.”
As already said, our face-offs were atrocious, and the Terps had our defense on their
heels most of the time. Our offense was looking OK, but they didn’t have the ball enough
to keep the game close.
Then the second half, and a totally different Spider team took the field. Maybe being the first
game and playing a very good MD team was a little daunting for our team. Whatever
Chemotti said at half time needs to be bottled and shared with our basketball coach,
We started getting some face-offs, fighting for loose balls, playing a lot faster, and the
defense was playing big time lacrosse.
Maryland is a very good team, but they had all they could handle in the 2nd half with
our Spiders. Hopefully, the team has gotten the rust off and can go on to a great season.
We too are a very good team!

I must be missing something-what does this have to do with UR?

I believe I should give up on the simple stuff ;UR plays at Bucknell on this upcoming Saturday.Yikes.Bucknell has also played and lost at Maryland already,11-6 .Very sorry that all this has passed you by....

Last edited:
Last edited:
For those that don’t understand the reason for the following post:

1.Navy hosted UMBC on Friday nite 2/15.USNA won 11-6.

2.UR hosts UMBC on Tuesday at 4pm at the Brickhouse.

3.Here is the complete game replay:

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=252793

https://watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network/161233

https://navysports.com/news/2019/2/...over-umbc-navy-claims-programs-800th-win.aspx
Perhaps you should refresh your Dale Carnegie certificate.

#11 High Point up 4-3 against #12 UVA after 1st quarter. Game is on ACC network (can be streamed on watch espn)

Last edited:
I'm rooting for the success of all the SoCon teams in the out-of-conference play because it can help strengthen the reputation of the conference. May have an outside shot of an at-large bid if HPU now only loses 1-2 games this season and doesn't win the conference tournament, or if we can beat Duke, UVA, and/or Notre Dame. Still, we are not very likely to be a 2-bid conference. However, biggest benefit of strong play in OOC is that the auto bid of SoCon can avoid the play-in game and go straight into the main bracket like we did last year. That's huge.

Reactions: urfan1
UR 17 UMBC 12

21 saves by UR goalies.Only 6 by Retrievers .That was difference.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/mobile/?id=246968

SAVES
UMBC 6
Richmond 21

GROUND BALLS
UMBC 29
Richmond 34

TURNOVERS
UMBC 15
Richmond 16

CLEARS
UMBC 17 -18
Richmond 25 -27

FACE OFFS WON
UMBC 20 -33
Richmond 13 -33

MAN UP
UMBC 2 -7
Richmond 2 -2

SHOTS
UMBC 46
Richmond 42

FO VIOLATIONS
UMBC 3
Richmond 6

Last edited:
Reactions: urfan1
Great win by the Spiders today. 17-12 over UMBC. Lanchbury with 5 goals and Goodman came in for an injured Rusbolt and had a save percentage of about 70%. Spiders still need to improve on Faceoffs. Would like to see us win at least 30 percent against Notre Dame this weekend. Also need to avoid penalties. A lot of penalties called on us today. Great game all around though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT