ADVERTISEMENT

2016-17 Schedule

Can anybody tell who we 'switched' with on Bona and Fordham?

I wondered if there might be bigger changes to the H&H's with Dayton ending up on the NCAA bubble last year. They were really hosed on Conference SOS. H&H with SLU and Duquense aren't particularly helpful in building a resume. I see that they switched into a H&H with Rhody this year. That should be a big help for the Flyers.

I might be wrong but appears SBU dropped UR and gained SLU.

Looks like Dayton dropped Fordham and gained URI.

Dayton's five H&H from last year didn't help. Fordham, Duquesne, SLU, SBU, La Salle,

I might be wrong but appears SBU dropped UR and gained SLU.

Looks like Dayton dropped Fordham and gained URI.

Thanks. I'm guessing the changes made were to get that Dayton / Rhody H&H to happen. Helps both teams with SOS and adds an attractive game for TV.

I would imagine Dayton complained and the league saw that one of there marque teams was getting hosed with the conference schedule and they made a correction to that. I like that they made the change. While I like our pod right now, if our pod ever gets to be like Dayton's pod, I would hope we would complain, and the league would listen.

Our home and away breakdown is great as well. We knew this was coming this year because we played all of the good teams on the road last year, save Rhody. We SHOULD make hay with this schedule.

Dayton has an incredibly easy conference schedule again this year. It worked out for them last year. They should get a lot of wins in conference, but they need to get it done OOC which they have done before with Archie. URI had an easy conference schedule last year but didn't get enough done OOC to get a bid.

Dayton has an incredibly easy conference schedule again this year. It worked out for them last year. They should get a lot of wins in conference, but they need to get it done OOC which they have done before with Archie. URI had an easy conference schedule last year but didn't get enough done OOC to get a bid.

The sword has a fine edge. Dayton was strong OOC last year, won the A10 regular season and nearly got left home. It's good having a favorable schedule ... but not TOO favorable.

The sword has a fine edge. Dayton was strong OOC last year, won the A10 regular season and nearly got left home. It's good having a favorable schedule ... but not TOO favorable.

This is definitely true. URI was ranked behind Richmond and VCU by the selection committee even though they finished ahead of Richmond and VCU in conference. They had a pitiful OOC schedule and an easy conference schedule. Their best win was against us.

I think the A10 will be stronger next year so it won't be quite as much of an issue, but with Dayton's conference schedule they will have to build a large part of their resume before conference play begins, whereas last year we almost made the NCAAs based completely on our conference play.

Since winning the A-10 tournament in 2011, I think we have had 1 win (a first round win over Duquense) in the tournament. Granted, the Charlotte debacle took a win away from us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT