ADVERTISEMENT

UR`s greatest centers/big men

Eric Poole had some big moments, including the best dunk I've ever seen in my 48 years attending games at the RC.

That's a good question. Hummel was at Purdue 6 years and they made the tourney all 6 years and I'm really not sure if anybody else can say that.

Think Pat Sullivan was at UNC for 7 (?). I suspect they were all NCAA tournament years too as it was pre Doh!

EDIT: Just felt like 7. Possibly only five years.

Last edited:
realize that a lot of folks on here are young but nobody has mentioned WILTON FORD. he is a UR hall of famer, averaged over 20 points per game one season and scored over 40 points in one game. not sure we had another center with that amount of offense.

realize that a lot of folks on here are young but nobody has mentioned WILTON FORD. he is a UR hall of famer, averaged over 20 points per game one season and scored over 40 points in one game. not sure we had another center with that amount of offense.
Great suggestion. We learn so much about our fair school.

Spinner I thought about Ford but thought I was creating a time warp by going back to Bob McCurdy in the mid 70s.

actually many players led the SPIDS in losing efforts against jerry west and wva.....HA. was going to mention Theryl as well, was at UR with my bro. think that Wilton was class of 1969? so not that far back, at least to me.

for us old timers, I don't recall the late Buster Batts being mentioned from the 60s...

even further back into the late 50s and early 60s was Red Booker a center on that team with Higgins, Green, Telepo and Tenwick?

Go Spiders!

for us old timers, I don't recall the late Buster Batts being mentioned from the 60s...

even further back into the late 50s and early 60s was Red Booker a center on that team with Higgins, Green, Telepo and Tenwick?

Go Spiders!
What a great name for a center "Buster Batts".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT