ADVERTISEMENT

new starting 5

NewURfan

Letter Winner
Nov 1, 2013
This was a old topic that needs to be revisited. Enter final regular season games and a strong finish needed we need to play our best five for majority of the game and only spell them for fatigue or foul trouble. We basically have seven man strong rotation. Which I'm fine with the other two guys just being ready in situational subbing. Lets out score the opponents from here on out.

Starting five : SDJ K0 TA TJ and ANO
DT TD sub in for resting anybody but not extended time a together.
Keep four of five scorers in at all time unless we're up by good enough points or in total control of game.

Except Zo is out for at least a week so TD or DT will need to start the next two games...

ANO was averaging 11 points, 6 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.2 blocks over the last 5 games. That is a lot to try to make up for, and this team is much worse without him.

I think the person to benefit the most from ANO being out is Josh Jones. I suspect will se the biggest bump in minutes, and I hope we can see some offense from him. He has mostly been a 3pt shooter this year (9-29, 31%) and has only taken 5 two-pointers the entire season. Also, I wish Mooney would have Trey slash to the basket more, he makes a lot of those shots and can draw fouls.

TD can certainly slash and draw fouls, but making FT's is another thing all together. Not much benefit from getting fouled in the act of shooting if he can't make his FT's.

At this point with ANO out (they couldn't even pronounce his name correctly on NBC12 News...) I'd like to see JJ get more time than he has been getting. We will need some production from him next year, might as well get him some PT now.

I like a lot about JJ's game but he at times looks completely lost on both offense and defense. Looks like he is going to get a lot more on the job training.

I disagree that JJ appears lost out there. I think he needs to be more assertive on both ends of the court. He is getting maybe 5 minutes a game, you have to make yourself standout during that time. He doesn't do that.

I hope he is not going the Deion Taylor route of getting minutes which is to not do anything overtly negative to draw attention to yourself and give coach a reason to put you on the bench. Kadeem does that as well, he is a freshman, so it is somewhat understandable. But if you are out there, you have to make yourself a weapon on offense, just not be a facilitator for our other offensive players.

I hope JJ gets a lot of ANO minutes this week and hope he maximizes the opportunity by being aggressive at both ends of the court.

for fun, take the shirts off of everyone and just play the bench and see what they do. if we are going to lose, let' s lose having fun

But lets be honest, of course Josh Jones is going to be benefit with increased minutes. We have a 7 man rotation, there is no one else on the roster who it could be.

I hope he is not going the Deion Taylor route of getting minutes which is to not do anything overtly negative to draw attention to yourself and give coach a reason to put you on the bench. Kadeem does that as well, he is a freshman, so it is somewhat understandable. But if you are out there, you have to make yourself a weapon on offense, just not be a facilitator for our other offensive players.

I hope JJ gets a lot of ANO minutes this week and hope he maximizes the opportunity by being aggressive at both ends of the court.

Well stated, but the reality is that many of the players react in the way you describe because there are consequences if they do not.

Time to simplify and play full speed. Five guard rotation, K0, SdJ, KS, TD, & JK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT