ADVERTISEMENT

Mooney Must Go!

Feb 3, 2016
He has done it again. Another disgraceful loss for Mooney. He has taken the best talent we have had for years and destroyed our season. I could have coached this team to beat JMU and George Mason.
He is the worse coach in the country at calling time outs and it is his goal to finish 500 every year.

Never been a Mooney fan and certainly not now, but do not believe this best talent UR has had for years. Trey is a warrior and Deion plays his role but neither gifted now with true hoops skills, especially shooting. Fine young men but not that talented. Believe if CM ran different schemes on O and D Spiders would have better results. Marshall is a shooter and sometimes a scorer but routinely adds little else.

I agree if Mooney ran a different offense, different defense, knew how to call time outs, could make in-game adjustments ... We would be better. However, that is about everything = we need a new coach.

I agree if Mooney ran a different offense, different defense, knew how to call time outs, could make in-game adjustments ... We would be better. However, that is about everything = we need a new coach.

Sadly, the culture at the top will make that difficult.

But perhaps there is value in making those who are usually comfortable and unaware uncomfortable and aware.

Thing is, he's running a different offense now than the pure Princeton offense he tried to run . He's adapted a little, but he hasn't adapted from the first adaptation. If anyone is running a true Princeton style offense it's Shaver down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT