ADVERTISEMENT

McGonigal leaves for Cornell

MDspider8

Starter
Apr 11, 2018
According to Goodman, Mark McGonigal has left the staff to take an assistant job at Cornell. That's a pretty big spot to fill on our staff (Assistant Coach/Director of Basketball Ops and Recruiting). Curious to see who we'll now bring in.

Can't tell if you are serious or not, but that's how assistant coaches significantly augment their income.
Absolutely as many coaches would not take a dime from it. Went to all coaches and players working the camps.

He has been at UR a long time and not moved up the ladder very quickly, so I think this is a personal decision for Mark to move up the coaching ranks, and I can't blame him.

Cornell is a good spot - they have been good the last few years under Earl who left for William and Mary. So hopefully he aligns with the new head coach, who was the assistant at Cornell before Earl left. SO if they can keep momentum going at Cornell - maybe that coach lands somewhere else and McGonigal can follow. Thats the path up for him at this point. Get involved with someone winning and moving up and move up with them. Good luck to him. It will be interesting to see who replaces him and how much he is missed. Sometimes you don't know how much a person did until they are gone.

Reactions: urfan1
Thinking of who comes back to replace him at UR. Always have to think previous players right? Where is Kevin Anderson these days? Know he spent some time at Liberty. Does he want back in coaching ranks?

Remember it was floated on this board years ago to look at JB son Pat Beilein and if he could ever be an option at UR. Then he left Niagara for "personal reasons" and now I think is coaching HS ball somewhere.

Who else would you like to see - former player or not, back on the UR bench?

Thinking of who comes back to replace him at UR. Always have to think previous players right? Where is Kevin Anderson these days? Know he spent some time at Liberty. Does he want back in coaching ranks?

Remember it was floated on this board years ago to look at JB son Pat Beilein and if he could ever be an option at UR. Then he left Niagara for "personal reasons" and now I think is coaching HS ball somewhere.

Who else would you like to see - former player or not, back on the UR bench?

Moon will likely promote the guys behind McGonigal and then fill the video coordinator role w someone young

Reactions: urfan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT