ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty vs. JMU

Stonewall D

Graduate Assistant
Dec 18, 2008
At home
Don't look now, but JMU is leading 21-20, but Liberty is driving with the ball and is well within FG range. Liberty is giving them all they can handle.

I pick them to loose in my AGS poll. WHOA! Going over to their board to see them cry about our draw.

Gotta admit I don't know how we got the draw we did. MEAC not in our league. JMU finished above us and drew a much tougher opponent. Sometimes I don't understand these playoffs.

roll.r191677.gif

One Putt - we had already played both teams. NCAA tries not to schedule rematches in first round.

There is no question that we got the better draw. There was some suspect officiating at the end of the game. It looks like JMU was outcoached. The Liberty coach's strategy was ball control to keep the ball out of the hands of JMU's offense. JMU fell right into the trap.

While not good for CAA, can't feel that bad about our biggest fb rival not getting past 1st round. Also good to see Liberty win, since they've been robbed before when they didn't even get in playoffs. Should be an interesting game between the Flames and Villanova next week.

Considering we were robbed 2 years ago in not getting into playoffs, the FB Gods owed us!

This post was edited on 11/29 8:00 PM by MidloTrader

Big South with CCU and Liberty has made a big step up while the Southern Conference with recent defections is struggling.

Amen. I had to take a JMU friend for lunch cause a bet on the game. I thought my punishment was having to pay for his lunch, but no it included a blow by blow account of the game. I know who I am calling first thing Monday AM.

Originally posted by 97spiderfan:

Amen. I had to take a JMU friend for lunch cause a bet on the game. I thought my punishment was having to pay for his lunch, but no it included a blow by blow account of the game. I know who I am calling first thing Monday AM.

That is funny.

agree Midlo...the committee payed us back for screwing us in 2012...

but the committee also may have had some doubts about JMU...their impressive win over us was their biggest win of the year...

we defeated LU on their home field and Villanova, both better wins than anything else JMU did...

Go Spiders!

The Spider Gang Group Facebook Page

Hahaha. Glad JMU wasted all that money for a home loss! Have fun watchung your bad basketball team, Pukes.

JMU bid $200,000 on 1st round game vs Liberty

AD Bourne attempt to impress FBS conferences needing a purple addition.Loss was $130,000 as stated but likely closer to $175,000.Good luck now that UAB will exit CUSA.

JMU wanted it badly

Re: JMU bid $200,000 on 1st round game vs Liberty

Carr Consultants get paid by JMU to convince them to go 1A.

Carr Consultants get paid by UAB to convince them to shut down their program.

Whoever 'Carr' is must live on a gated community with an Amway Executive or two.

if most fbs football programs retained carr, would probably tell all of them to shut down. they just are not asking.......yet. after reading the numbers, don't feel so bad about saying hundreds of thousands of dollars to obtain a home game. did not know but that was just a gut. not sure why having a home game in fcs shows you should be going fbs, don't get the connect there but maybe carr and associates told him that. probably the only thing that they have that is attractive to higher level football is the marching pukes but that is it.

This post was edited on 12/10 8:08 AM by WebSpinner

I still hate those slimy purple bastards!

Front Royal is teeming with them!

Plus I have to put up with us having lost both in football and basketball to them!

as sam kennison advised those people starving in the desert........MOVE!!!

Originally posted by FrontRoyalSpider:

I still hate those slimy purple bastards!

Front Royal is teeming with them!

Plus I have to put up with us having lost both in football and basketball to them!
FRS, you dont seem to be around threads unless JMU comes up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT