ADVERTISEMENT

La Salle Explorers - 2:30 PM Saturday

How did we do against the Bonnies and LaSalle again?
Not good. But, a couple of you were crowning VCU because they beat LaSalle and we didn't. I think VCU is pretty good this year, but my point was it seemed like an awfully convenient cherry pick, and how did they do against SBU and URI? But, fine, get on me for not drooling over VCU and not criticizing Richmond on a Richmond message board. Yep, that makes sense.

Last edited:
The game by game comparison vs vcu isn't even needed. They outperform us year after year after year. All u need to look at. History says they'll finish better this year too. If UR fans are frustrated it's because they care. What makes it more frustrating is the feeling that Mooney and the UR admin do not.

The game by game comparison vs vcu isn't even needed. They outperform us year after year after year. All u need to look at. History says they'll finish better this year too. If UR fans are frustrated it's because they care. What makes it more frustrating is the feeling that Mooney and the UR admin do not.
That's fine, but it just seems funny to bring up VCU when they beat LaSalle by 10, but don't bring all this crap up when they get hammered by Rhode Island and St Bona. I mean, we finished better than them last year, and last time we played them we hammered them, but sure, if it makes you feel better, keep bringing up our history with them. I would think recent history is more important than going back, but we can just disagree.

And, do they really outperform us year after year after year? I mean, I guess if you don't count last year, and 3 years ago when we swept them. But, whatever, I'm sure you would be a welcome sight on the VCU message board. They would like you a lot there.

Last edited:
That's fine, but it just seems funny to bring up VCU when they beat LaSalle by 10, but don't bring all this crap up when they get hammered by Rhode Island and St Bona. I mean, we finished better than them last year, and last time we played them we hammered them, but sure, if it makes you feel better, keep bringing up our history with them. I would think recent history is more important than going back, but we can just disagree.
Well, this is the La Salle thread. VCU just beat La Salle, and someone mentioned it.
You're the one who brought St. Bonaventure and Rhode Island into it.

Reactions: Spiders4ever

Yes we will disagree. I didn't bring up lasalle & vcu. It does not make me feel better, it actually makes me feel like crap but I also dont believe we can improve with our heads in the sand and we have to know we have a problem before we can fix it, sort of like an alcoholic or drug addict. And Mooney and UR admin look like ostriches.

I don't agree w your interpretation of recent history. It's only the last game played? Look yes we had a better year last year, it was an anomaly. And even in a better year we still split, we got nothing out of it, and the A10 tourney was still going to tell us a lot about how that year was judged. UR historically does poorly in A10, VCU does well. They may have gone onto win it and we may have been out 1st rd and lose in NIT 1st rd. I don't think so but fact is nobody knows.

That's how bad the situation is u have me defending VCU, my sworn enemy. But 7-19 is indefensible. But 1-0 in the last game!! Got us nothing but rah rah. Let's sweep them this year, go to NCAA and keep them from going. Otherwise it's just more big hat no cattle.

Yes we will disagree. I didn't bring up lasalle & vcu. It does not make me feel better, it actually makes me feel like crap but I also dont believe we can improve with our heads in the sand and we have to know we have a problem before we can fix it, sort of like an alcoholic or drug addict. And Mooney and UR admin look like ostriches.

I don't agree w your interpretation of recent history. It's only the last game played? Look yes we had a better year last year, it was an anomaly. And even in a better year we still split, we got nothing out of it, and the A10 tourney was still going to tell us a lot about how that year was judged. UR historically does poorly in A10, VCU does well. They may have gone onto win it and we may have been out 1st rd and lose in NIT 1st rd. I don't think so but fact is nobody knows.

That's how bad the situation is u have me defending VCU, my sworn enemy. But 7-19 is indefensible. But 1-0 in the last game!! Got us nothing but rah rah. Let's sweep them this year, go to NCAA and keep them from going. Otherwise it's just more big hat no cattle.
It's not that you were defending VCU. I respect VCU. No question they have usually been better than us, sometimes a lot better than us. My issue is defending them and criticizing us when they beat LaSalle by 10. I mean, really? My issue is after last year, we still hear the "yeah but" stuff. Or, we hear the " they probably would have won the tournament while we went to the NIT" talk. Even this year, it's always "yes but". I mean, it's really kind of silly. So what? They beat Lasalle by 10, but to some that means they are great and we suck again. Really? I mean, my goodness, at some point support your school instead of your rival. But, all good. We can just disagree again.

It's not that you were defending VCU. I respect VCU. No question they have usually been better than us, sometimes a lot better than us. My issue is defending them and criticizing us when they beat LaSalle by 10. I mean, really? My issue is after last year, we still hear the "yeah but" stuff. Or, we hear the " they probably would have won the tournament while we went to the NIT" talk. Even this year, it's always "yes but". I mean, it's really kind of silly. So what? They beat Lasalle by 10, but to some that means they are great and we suck again. Really? I mean, my goodness, at some point support your school instead of your rival. But, all good. We can just disagree again.

Then your issue is not with me bc I didn't bring up lasalle vcu results at all. Of course there will be "yeah but" we're trying to get back to NCAA for the 1st time in 10 years. U are not new to sports & fans.

I've been supporting UR for 30 years. I can count on 1 hand who has been on this board (the original Rivals one) longer than me. Meanwhile while u were posting on VA Tech's rivals message board yet all those years u couldn't be bothered to find or post just once on this board on exact same platform even tho u r a big fan and grad. No biggie & those facts do not make me a bigger fan but it's just real strange to get lectured by THAT guy.

Then your issue is not with me bc I didn't bring up lasalle vcu results at all. Of course there will be "yeah but" we're trying to get back to NCAA for the 1st time in 10 years. U are not new to sports & fans.

I've been supporting UR for 30 years. I can count on 1 hand who has been on this board (the original Rivals one) longer than me. Meanwhile while u were posting on VA Tech's rivals message board yet all those years u couldn't be bothered to find or post just once on this board on exact same platform even tho u r a big fan and grad. No biggie & those facts do not make me a bigger fan but it's just real strange to get lectured by THAT guy.
I'm glad you have been supporting us for 30 years. And, I graduated from here before you even started supporting us. Bigger fan? I guess that is just all opinion, but I don't think posting on message boards is a tell all as far as being a big fan is concerned. I know a lot of big fans who have never posted on a message board. I would think we all do.

I guess I better jump on the bandwagon. I have a daughter going to Tech in the Fall.
You should. Football, which is the flagship at Tech is in a bit of a funk right now but man is the basketball program fun. Mike Young is one HELL of a coach and I can’t stress that enough. I didn’t like the hire at all at first being that he was coming from Wofford but he has proven me and a lot of others wrong big time. He is the the perfect fit for Tech, he grew up right down the road from Blacksburg and always talks about going to Tech games with his dad when he was a kid. Tech is his dream job and he isn’t going anywhere which I absolutely love.

Reactions: Spiders4ever
I'm glad you have been supporting us for 30 years. And, I graduated from here before you even started supporting us. Bigger fan? I guess that is just all opinion, but I don't think posting on message boards is a tell all as far as being a big fan is concerned. I know a lot of big fans who have never posted on a message board. I would think we all do.

yeah what year did you graduate? You're right it's not and I said as much in my post. I know big fans not on the board. But when u say I'm supporting a rival and would be better off on VCU board that is truly hilarious and nonsensical so I just gave you some personal context. And I think any reasonable person would find it strange that u a self described long time UR fan and grad would post for years on the VA Tech rivals board and yet not make 1 post during that time on the actual school's message board you like and graduated from. A little more context when u get uppity.

Reactions: plydogg
yeah what year did you graduate? You're right it's not and I said as much in my post. I know big fans not on the board. But when u say I'm supporting a rival and would be better off on VCU board that is truly hilarious and nonsensical so I just gave you some personal context. And I think any reasonable person would find it strange that u a self described long time UR fan and grad would post for years on the VA Tech rivals board and yet not make 1 post during that time on the actual school's message board you like and graduated from. A little more context when u get uppity.
G, I like a lot of your posts and enjoy the back and forth with you, but man, you love bringing up the same old tired "used to post on VT board" stuff. This must be like the 100th time you have said that. Maybe I have a kid who went there. Maybe I have a close friend or relative who went there or coached there. Maybe I coached a kid who went there. Maybe I did stuff there. The bottom line is there are about a hundred reasons why this could be the case, but who cares? I would think most people don't care, except I guess you since you love talking about it so much. By the way, I also know a lot of people who have followed more than one program and, shocker, wait for it, might have even posted on a couple different boards. Crazy, right? Imagine that.

You should. Football, which is the flagship at Tech is in a bit of a funk right now but man is the basketball program fun. Mike Young is one HELL of a coach and I can’t stress that enough. I didn’t like the hire at all at first being that he was coming from Wofford but he has proven me and a lot of others wrong big time. He is the the perfect fit for Tech, he grew up right down the road from Blacksburg and always talks about going to Tech games with his dad when he was a kid. Tech is his dream job and he isn’t going anywhere which I absolutely love.
VT is a football school, so it is problematic when football is down there. Sure, it looks like basketball might have a good year, but what does that even mean? Maybe make the dance and lose 1st round? Been there and done that there, right? You went 7-13 in the ACC last year, and even if you go above .500 this year, you could very likely be right back below .500 the next year. As good as Buzz was there, and I thought he did a good job, he only did better than 10-8 in the ACC one time. I guess my point is it's clearly a football school, and maybe Young will prove me wrong, but I don't think he will have great success there. Maybe good, and that's fine, but I think at Virginia Tech it's all about football.

G, I like a lot of your posts and enjoy the back and forth with you, but man, you love bringing up the same old tired "used to post on VT board" stuff. This must be like the 100th time you have said that. Maybe I have a kid who went there. Maybe I have a close friend or relative who went there or coached there. Maybe I coached a kid who went there. Maybe I did stuff there. The bottom line is there are about a hundred reasons why this could be the case, but who cares? I would think most people don't care, except I guess you since you love talking about it so much. By the way, I also know a lot of people who have followed more than one program and, shocker, wait for it, might have even posted on a couple different boards. Crazy, right? Imagine that.

I like lot of your posts too. So which one was it...or is it confidential too like the UR way? Tho I'm afraid u missed my point. It's not odd that you posted on another message board. It is odd that u never once posted on this one. You're a huge college bball fan, long time grad & fan of UR, obviously you knew all about message boards, yet you never popped up here until last few years after the VA Tech posting was over. Calling that strange is not a hot take. So when u lecture people about their fandom and that's your history u might just have some issues.

I've offered to meet u at game, buy u a beer. Last time was A10 tourney in Brooklyn but u never responded to that offer. I've met a number of posters on here over the years, all good people. Perhaps some time we will. when did you graduate?

cavahoos suck, it’s our state.
I'm not sure I'd say that about a team that won the last basketball championship, and a football team that has won the Coastal and been to a major bowl more recently than VT has. But, whatever.

I'm not sure I'd say that about a team that won the last basketball championship, and a football team that has won the Coastal and been to a major bowl more recently than VT has. But, whatever.
uva is possibly the worst power 5 football program of the last twenty years. Actually kansas has that title but y’all aren’t far off. Congrats on beating us once in the last 17 years and if you wanna go even further, 2 out of the last 22. Absolutely laughable, but hey little brother has to do it every once in a while.

VT is a football school, so it is problematic when football is down there. Sure, it looks like basketball might have a good year, but what does that even mean? Maybe make the dance and lose 1st round? Been there and done that there, right? You went 7-13 in the ACC last year, and even if you go above .500 this year, you could very likely be right back below .500 the next year. As good as Buzz was there, and I thought he did a good job, he only did better than 10-8 in the ACC one time. I guess my point is it's clearly a football school, and maybe Young will prove me wrong, but I don't think he will have great success there. Maybe good, and that's fine, but I think at Virginia Tech it's all about football.
You misspelled "we"

4700 is the most typical uva fan ever. So damn soft and easily offended about everything. Just like the uva fans I was jawing at tonight towards the end of the game at home team grill. Man y’all don’t know how to take it all but y’all try to dish it out. If you’re gonna try to dish it out you have to be able to take it.

4700 is the most typical uva fan ever. So damn soft and easily offended about everything. Just like the uva fans I was jawing at tonight towards the end of the game at home team grill. Man y’all don’t know how to take it all but y’all try to dish it out. If you’re gonna try to dish it out you have to be able to take it.
You're revealing yourself to be the main snowflake. Slow down.

uva is possibly the worst power 5 football program of the last twenty years. Actually kansas has that title but y’all aren’t far off. Congrats on beating us once in the last 17 years and if you wanna go even further, 2 out of the last 22. Absolutely laughable, but hey little brother has to do it every once in a while.
"Y'all"? As if I'm part of the their football team? But, no doubt VT dominated UVA in football for a long time. I don't think anyone is trying to dispute that. My point was it was UVA who played in the Orange Bowl last year, while VT hasn't been major bowling since the 2011 season. So, I'm not sure it is accurate to say VT owns the state right now.

4700 pom-poms is on that next level Mooney apologist program. Nobody will complain about the Richmond head basketball coach if you flood the board with inane VT/UVA football talk.

giphy.gif

4700 pom-poms is on that next level Mooney apologist program. Nobody will complain about the Richmond head basketball coach if you flood the board with inane VT/UVA football talk.

giphy.gif
Seriously? You are really turning this into a Mooney thing when I simply responded to other posters who brought up VT and UVA? And, what is up with the name calling? How mature. Is that even allowed on here?

Would love to get in on the Notre Dame at Tech in the Fall. Unfortunately, I bet they still have attendance restrictions for Football and will limit the number of fans. Young is a great hire. He has done a great job in his second year with the team.

If he has a good year this year and a so-so year next year, he can always, talk about how good his team was this year. I think it is a growing trend.

Reactions: 712_VT
UVA fans love to blame the refs as well. They have never lost a game that was their fault. Amazing.

Wait, you were wrong about something?

Reactions: GKiller
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT