ADVERTISEMENT

Kadeem Smithen

TBSpyder

Graduate Assistant
Sep 24, 2011
Would really like to see more of Kadeem. He had a great first minute as a Spider, not so much afterwards. At this point, we are playing for next year, why not put him in earlier, and for more minutes? We are not going to finish in bottom 4, or top 4. We don't have the depth to win 4 games in 4 days. Stop playing Kendall 39 minutes, and give Kadeem more time on the court. I don't know if Josh Jones is in our future plans, but, if so, play him as well. He did get 10 minutes against Rhode Island, but barely registered in the box score.

Kadeem has length, that is lacking on our squad, and appears very quick. He needs playing time, to develop his game skills.

Reactions: harveyramos
we're absolutely not playing for next year. imo. we're playing to finish this year as strongly as possible and to play in March.

Originally posted by spiderman:
we're absolutely not playing for next year. imo. we're playing to finish this year as strongly as possible and to play in March.
{said facetiously} You are wrong, spiderman. Don't you realize that even if we win the rest of our games including Brooklyn, we won't make the NCAA? They will give the autobid to someone else.

Originally posted by TBSpyder:
Would really like to see more of Kadeem. He had a great first minute as a Spider, not so much afterwards. At this point, we are playing for next year, why not put him in earlier, and for more minutes? We are not going to finish in bottom 4, or top 4. We don't have the depth to win 4 games in 4 days. Stop playing Kendall 39 minutes, and give Kadeem more time on the court. I don't know if Josh Jones is in our future plans, but, if so, play him as well. He did get 10 minutes against Rhode Island, but barely registered in the box score.

Kadeem has length, that is lacking on our squad, and appears very quick. He needs playing time, to develop his game skills.
I did notice one play in the Duquesne game where he appeared quick, very quick, Scott Stapleton quick...

I want to see more of Kadeem as well. I really hope we get some aggressiveness out of him and JJ. Another threat on offense would be great.

Smithen-Wesson needs more playing time. Put him in for the last two or three minutes of the first half to break a press or to distribute the ball. Prevent Kendall or maybe Shawdre from picking up another foul before halftime. He brings speed, quickness, and the ability to distribute and score. We are down 8 to 12 points at just about every halftime - so what could it hurt?

With not being able to finish hardly any defensive sets yesterday with a strong 2-hand rebound, I say start pressuring and trapping full court more to go for steals and TOs. That's where Kadeem and Josh and their quickness and length can definitely help and also keep K0 and SDJ from picking up quick fouls late in 1st half. Can't be any worse than expecting one of the worst rebounding teams in the country to get much better at this point in the season. CM basically gave up on his D yesterday with 3 min to go, so that tells you the story of our day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT