ADVERTISEMENT

I believe the president, and in the president

Curious minds are intrigued?Which news networks should we watch or suppose the ones you watch are preferable?

I watch most of them as different times, then read, ask questions to try too determine what is the real truth. How about you?

Honestly Fox, when my wife is here. Otherwise NBC, occasionally, CNN for contrast. Question all and do not believe any 100%, i am old.

Did Agent Orange write a check for $5,000,000 like Drew Brees did in NOLA to help out his neighbors in Palm Beach

I doubt it.We would have heard it by now about his overly generous philanthropy.Agent Orange working with Munichin on the extraction for personal use of the $500,000,000,000 slush fund.

The Recession Bread Lines Are Forming in Mar-a-Lago’s Shadow

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...read-lines-are-forming-in-mar-a-lago-s-shadow

ABC is reporting that in 2005 , President Bush warned that we weren’t ready to deal with
a pandemic. So, what did the following administration do about it.

ABC is reporting that in 2005 , President Bush warned that we weren’t ready to deal with
a pandemic. So, what did the following administration do about it.

They prepared for a pandemic. They set up an office in the WH that was responsible for managing pandemics and global health threats. Dumb ass got rid of this 2 years ago because "who would have thought something like this would ever happen". He is so clueless about everything, and people continue to die because if it. Because of him. He is killing more and more people every day and no one in his piece of trash administration seems to care.

Reactions: Wood Hall
They prepared for a pandemic. They set up an office in the WH that was responsible for managing pandemics and global health threats. Dumb ass got rid of this 2 years ago because "who would have thought something like this would ever happen". He is so clueless about everything, and people continue to die because if it. Because of him. He is killing more and more people every day and no one in his piece of trash administration seems to care.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ite-house-office-global-pandemics-eliminated/

You don't think he eliminated a bunch of positions, basically eliminating the office? We even had someone in China whose responsibility was to get a head start for us if anything happens there, and dumb ass got rid of that too. And, looking at now, do you think freaking Jared Kushner, Mike stinking Pence and Peter wtf Navarro are in charge of this stuff because they are better than people he already has in place? Give me a break. This is the least prepared administration ever, and people continue to die because if it.

You don't think he eliminated a bunch of positions, basically eliminating the office? We even had someone in China whose responsibility was to get a head start for us if anything happens there, and dumb ass got rid of that too. And, looking at now, do you think freaking Jared Kushner, Mike stinking Pence and Peter wtf Navarro are in charge of this stuff because they are better than people he already has in place? Give me a break. This is the least prepared administration ever, and people continue to die because if it.
I was posting that more as a look at the last 10 years.

No where do we see that actual preparedness being made by the last administration, and the bureaucracy failed, as usual, to
actually do anything.

Agent Orange Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report

The president has repeatedly touted the anti-malaria drug as a coronavirus treatment despite a lack of medical evidence.

He is touting this drug that might work and might not work. That is not what you do with drugs. You don't flip a coin and if it works, great, if not, who cares, side effects be damned, you die. So, if it works, he will take all the credit and call himself a genius, and if it doesn't work, he will blame the doctors and say it was their decision to give it to them.

Agent Orange Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report

The president has repeatedly touted the anti-malaria drug as a coronavirus treatment despite a lack of medical evidence.
Well, his trusts have shares of a mutual fund which owns Sanofi. He's not running the mutual fund.
HCQ is also available as a generic, so it's not as if Sanofi is the only drugmaker that produces it.

There are 368,000 confirmed cases in the US so far.
Probably 5 times that many people already take hydroxychloroquine for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Both of those are autoimmune diseases which would put those patients in the high-risk category.

That's an awful lot of data. It's certainly a big enough sample size. You don't even have to "risk" giving HCQ to people who aren't already taking it.
If there is - or isn't - a statistically significant difference between the incidence and/or severity of COVID-19 in these patients vs the general population, we should know it by now. The government certainly does. Why aren't they saying?

Well, his trusts have shares of a mutual fund which owns Sanofi. He's not running the mutual fund.
HCQ is also available as a generic, so it's not as if Sanofi is the only drugmaker that produces it.

Do you even know how trusts work? Please explain how Trump’s Trust works.Does the Commerce Secretary Ross have a similar Trust and what is his interest?

Both are upstanding individuals who would never compromise their oath to the US people at the expense of their individual financial interests.

Do you even know how trusts work?
Yes. I also know how mutual funds work.
Please explain how Trump’s Trust works.
You don't need me to explain it to you.

Trump's Stake in Sanofi Could be $99

The report doesn’t say how small, but it notes that his three family trusts have investments in a Dodge & Cox mutual fund whose largest holding is Sanofi. A fund that matches this description is the Dodge & Cox International Stock Fund DODFX, +5.81%, which at last check was 3.3% invested in Sanofi.
He also owns some shares in the EAFE ETF.

I probably have some DODFX in my portfolio, which yes, I know, I know.....is much smaller than yours.

Another point worth making is how little the malaria drug means to Sanofi’s bottom line. In 2019, what the company calls Plaquenil wasn’t even broken out by name in the company’s financial accounts, while 33 other medications were.

That is hardly surprising as the drug has been around since the 1950s and is available generically.

Last edited:
Reactions: whampas
Yes. I also know how mutual funds work.

You don't need me to explain it to you.

Trump's Stake in Sanofi Could be $99

He also owns some shares in the EAFE ETF.

I probably have some DODFX in my portfolio, which yes, I know, I know.....is much smaller than yours.

I trust Agent Orange as much as I could throw his 260 pounds through an Oval Office wall.

Who are(is) the Trustee(s) for Agent Orange trusts?Assuming they are all “blind” trusts.

Last edited:
First, let's not act like this drug is not being used on people with COVID. It is. In New York, Texas and a bunch of other places. So the narrative that governors aren't allowing it to be used, etc., is simply false.

In general, I don't object to the idea that a person who literally is going to die should be allowed to try whatever the hell he or she wants at that point. But you better have the legalese ready to go in every single one of those cases, and it damn well better be bulletproof or else you're going to have a whole other kind of pandemic on your hand when people try random drugs and still die.

The other issue, of course, is that we have the FDA for this very reason. There is a process. You don't just come up with a drug and a month later say, "Ok, we're gonna start giving this to people and see what happens." You have to test it and re-test it and put it through multiple rounds of trials and learn what side effects there are and all sorts of other things.

Lots of people like to opine about "the slippery slope".... well, here's your slippery slope. "If we allow this one drug to bypass the normal process, what's to stop other drugs from bypassing it in the future? Where do we draw the line?" Blah blah blah. I am not a slippery slope guy, but you either subscribe to that logic all the time or you don't.

Reactions: VT4700
You don't just come up with a drug and a month later say, "Ok, we're gonna start giving this to people and see what happens."
This drug has been around since just after World War II.

I'm not saying don't test - though if you're COVID-19 positive and you're in the trial and you get the sugar pill, that would suck.

There are nearly 2 million lupus and RA patients who are already taking this as a maintenance drug. This is risk-free data. You don't have to "introduce" the drug to this sample. It should be fairly trivial to crunch the numbers at the state level.

The very simple query: Are the 2 million patients already taking HCQ getting hit by COVID-19 more or less, and how severely, than the general population? Maybe it's about the same, or statistically insignificant. If it is significant, wouldn't that be helpful to guide how hard we pursue it?

Anyway, apologies - I should have posted this in the other thread. It's not about the President. Didn't mean to hijack #orangemanbad

This drug has been around since just after World War II.

I'm not saying don't test - though if you're COVID-19 positive and you're in the trial and you get the sugar pill, that would suck.

There are nearly 2 million lupus and RA patients who are already taking this as a maintenance drug. This is risk-free data. You don't have to "introduce" the drug to this sample. It should be fairly trivial to crunch the numbers at the state level.

The very simple query: Are the 2 million patients already taking HCQ getting hit by COVID-19 more or less, and how severely, than the general population? Maybe it's about the same, or statistically insignificant. If it is significant, wouldn't that be helpful to guide how hard we pursue it?

Anyway, apologies - I should have posted this in the other thread. It's not about the President. Didn't mean to hijack #orangemanbad
For the record, I wasn't responding to anything you had said, so no worries there. And right, the drug has been around, but it's been used for two completely different things. It would be like saying, "Hey, bleach kills the virus – if you're about to die from it, might as well start drinking bleach! What's the worst that could happen?"

A better analogy is antibiotics. They have been around forever, they work very well to treat certain things, but there's a reason that we don't just take antibiotics randomly or to treat any ailment. They don't work on just any ailment, and if you take them when you don't need them, they actually make things worse for the next time you do need them.

To your point about the 2 million patients already taking HCQ...that is actually the whole point. They are part of the process of determining whether the drug might cure them of this virus or cause them to grow a third testicle on their foreheads, then die. At some point, we will have sufficient data to tell whether it works against COVID or it doesn't. That's why there are so many small group studies happening across the country right now of COVID patients with the drug.

Instead of Agent Orange and his “management”,Congress should hire Wimbledon folks to manage the US pandemic.Real biz folks over there.Not King Dolt and his merrymen.

$500,000,000,000 bailout portion will be spent unchecked by Agent Orange.Where and to whom do you think this money will go?What do you think?

Good Luck Policing the Massive Virus Relief Fund, TARP Vets Say

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...dium=social&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business

JPMorgan says it's not ready for small business loan applications

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/02/jpmorgan-says-its-not-ready-for-small-business-loan-applications-as-banks-await-treasury-guidance.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

More Elephant nonsense in bailout.A sprinkle of electoral votes for a dying industry to keep Rednecks,Hillbillies and Polluters happy.

Republican Senators Want to Help Coal Get U.S. Bailout Money

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ators-want-to-help-coal-get-u-s-bailout-money

“...Stupid is as stupid does...”

You know 32, most of us realize that you have sick obsession against the President.
But, let’s look at history. Everyone has seen that President Blush wrote a white paper on
setting the goal for our country to be prepared for a pandemic in 2007. But the following administration,
led by a charismatic social worker, couldn’t be bothered to follow through with that. No, he had
to set-up what has proven to be a failed health system. And now it’s Trumps fault.
You’re in denial.

You know 32, most of us realize that you have sick obsession against the President.
But, let’s look at history. Everyone has seen that President Blush wrote a white paper on
setting the goal for our country to be prepared for a pandemic in 2007. But the following administration,
led by a charismatic social worker, couldn’t be bothered to follow through with that. No, he had
to set-up what has proven to be a failed health system. And now it’s Trumps fault.
You’re in denial.

Agent Orange ain’t gonna like this on his network.Oh my....

You’re in denial.

You’re in denial.
Annap- First, I'm also an Orioles fan so we have something in common aside from the Spiders. Good job on that! Second, I'm pretty sure we don't agree on much else.

You completely ignored the federal government's response to the Ebola outbreak while Obama was in office. Maybe you don't remember it because an effective response kept it from killing thousands of Americans. Additionally, Obama did not set up a "failed health system." What he set up was a way to get more Americans insured so they could afford access to the existing health care system. That's a pretty important distinction. Finally, wasn't it Obama's team that (a) set up a pandemic response unit in the NSC and (b) briefed Trump on the possibility of a pandemic which Trump effectively ignored?

Reactions: VT4700
You completely ignored the federal government's response to the Ebola outbreak while Obama was in office. Maybe you don't remember it because an effective response kept it from killing thousands of Americans.
Tell us more. This is a good story.
Ebola is way more lethal than COVID-19, and way less contagious.

The government's response has sucked, at every level. No doubt.
One could also wonder about our Health Care industry, which prior to this pandemic had bloated to 20% of the US economy. What were they doing to prepare with all that money?

The constant retweeting of #ORANGEMANBAD just seems redundant and unproductive, so I can see why Annap responded. But it's the "president" thread so we just keep on rowing...

Reactions: whampas
Annap- First, I'm also an Orioles fan so we have something in common aside from the Spiders. Good job on that! Second, I'm pretty sure we don't agree on much else.

You completely ignored the federal government's response to the Ebola outbreak while Obama was in office. Maybe you don't remember it because an effective response kept it from killing thousands of Americans. Additionally, Obama did not set up a "failed health system." What he set up was a way to get more Americans insured so they could afford access to the existing health care system. That's a pretty important distinction. Finally, wasn't it Obama's team that (a) set up a pandemic response unit in the NSC and (b) briefed Trump on the possibility of a pandemic which Trump effectively ignored?
On did your forget there were over 1000 SARS death in the US before OBammy declared a national emergency. Give it a break.

Agent Orange claim that he has ‘total’ power to restart state economies is completely false.Total bravado from King Dolt.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/13/trump-falsely-claims-authority-to-open-up-states-after-coronavirus.html?__source=iosappshare|com.apple.UIKit.activity.Message
Shocker 32, I agree with you on this subject. He’s the President, but doesn’t have the authority to keep the states shut down.
Maybe it was just a knee jerk reaction to the constant media dumping on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT