ADVERTISEMENT

Fordham, does anyone realize we have a game tomorrow?

Is it still true that they will only have 7 scholarship players available? (4 injuries, 2 redshirts)

I expect us to be 3 point underdog.

They are #1 in the nation in steals & #339 in 3 point % made...

Tell Buck to put it too Tavares. VCU did not and he burned us several times. I predict a Spider win by 4.

Ram Bal

Nice of the conference to attempt to salvage something of this season for us by giving us the two teams we seem to own right out of the gate.

Reactions: Not-A-Homer
Same old threads here, let's support our Spiders. Wouldn't it be great to go 2-0 in A10 play?
Wow, didn't know Richmond had a basketball team. You'd think there would be something in the local paper about that.

Fordham is so bad that this poorly performing Spider team could realistically be 2-0 in conference play.

Who are the injured? What are their injuries???
Last I heard
“Bunting, Evans, Ohams and Zarkovic are out with injuries. Two transfers, Erten Gazi (DePaul) and Antwon Portley (Saint Peter's), are sitting out the season.” - Internet Fordham Fan

I know Spiders are +1.5 underdog and maybe expecting too much but starting 5 too talented regardless of their limited size not to come out with a W tonight.

Taking from Clint E, Fordham stat wise is a cluster****. Their ranked 340th in 3PT% shooting but come in at 47th in taking a bunch of 3PTAs. Maybe they are a good shooting team as I think the Spiders are but just not there yet? Past history doesn't suggest that. Or they just can't get in the lane for good opportunities?

Fordham believe it or not is a worst rebounding team than UR. Had to look it up twice to believe it. And their schedule is ranked 283rd compared to UR's 52nd toughest nationally. Their #1 in steals, well seeing little of Jacob so far the guy could be a Marcus Haynes dribbling the ball through that half court press or whatever Fordham has used?

We all say teams should improve as the year goes on, but improvement with CM's Spiders tonight should go beyond the level of how much Fordham improves. A loss (not happening) tonight and it's 1 step forward after Davidson and 2 ..... no 3 steps backward. I don't have to tell you IMO who would be personally to blame.

They made a big comeback against vcu the other day and were within single digits down the stretch, so they have some talent.

I know Spiders are +1.5 underdog and maybe expecting too much but starting 5 too talented regardless of their limited size not to come out with a W tonight.

Taking from Clint E, Fordham stat wise is a cluster****. Their ranked 340th in 3PT% shooting but come in at 47th in taking a bunch of 3PTAs. Maybe they are a good shooting team as I think the Spiders are but just not there yet? Past history doesn't suggest that. Or they just can't get in the lane for good opportunities?

Fordham believe it or not is a worst rebounding team than UR. Had to look it up twice to believe it. And their schedule is ranked 283rd compared to UR's 52nd toughest nationally. Their #1 in steals, well seeing little of Jacob so far the guy could be a Marcus Haynes dribbling the ball through that half court press or whatever Fordham has used?

We all say teams should improve as the year goes on, but improvement with CM's Spiders tonight should go beyond the level of how much Fordham improves. A loss (not happening) tonight and it's 1 step forward after Davidson and 2 ..... no 3 steps backward. I don't have to tell you IMO who would be personally to blame.
Martina told me her big boy beats the Spiders by 2.

They made a big comeback against vcu the other day and were within single digits down the stretch, so they have some talent.
Fordham might have beaten vcu had the game been played on Fordham's home court.

It would be nice to see Grant play on the block more often. I think he could have dominated Davidson in the paint. We don’t need him shooting 3 pointers.

Reactions: Spider2020
I watched much of the game and for me it looked more like the hippies took their foot off the gas, but I agree Fordham has 'some' talent but we should take them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT