ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Gators Game thread - Sat ~4pm SEC Sports Network

Kenpom has this as 81-74 FLA win. FLA has lost to Baylor, Wake, and Virginia. They have beat higher kenpom ranked (better ranked than Richmond) teams Pitt and FSU by wide margins. Former assistants Carlin Hartman and Kevin Hovde on staff. Hartman making bank, same range as Tyler Burton :).

Kenpom has this as 81-74 FLA win. FLA has lost to Baylor, Wake, and Virginia. They have beat higher kenpom ranked (better ranked than Richmond) teams Pitt and FSU by wide margins. Former assistants Carlin Hartman and Kevin Hovde on staff. Hartman making bank, same range as Tyler Burton :).
Has it been 15 years since Hartman?

Hopefully we keep it closer than FSU or Pitt…

Game notes say it should be on ESPN+ as well, although I don't see it on the schedule there yet and who knows about the accuracy of our game notes.

Edit: Yeah, I suspect our game notes are incorrect, unsurprisingly. It's available in the ESPN app, but I think you'll need to authorize with your cable provider for an SECN subscription.

Last edited:
Game notes say it should be on ESPN+ as well, although I don't see it on the schedule there yet and who knows about the accuracy of our game notes.

Edit: Yeah, I suspect our game notes are incorrect, unsurprisingly. It's available in the ESPN app, but I think you'll need to authorize with your cable provider for an SECN subscription.
So I won’t be watching at Hulu?

Correct, I had to with an earlier game this year.

You must be paying extra for that, spiderman, because it’s not part of the standard Hulu package.
I'll worry about it later, but is that Hulu through Disney bundle or Hulu Live?

I have no live TV package but may have to cut back on my 18 streaming services sometime later...:)

• Haha
Reactions: mojo-spider
Any florida spiders going to this game?

Vacation happened to coincide so figure I’ll catch the game?

Any insight on pregame?
Reliable source says alumni event at Bahamas Breeze near arena .. down here with 4 of my friends but staying at Ft Lauderdale beach so not sure what time we are going to get over to Sunrise tomorrow - go Spiders

If you have the top tier Xfinity package, you get it as part of that. It’s not part of their sports package though, which is sort of ridiculous.

I attended the original Richmond vs Florida, orange bowl classic. It was a thrilling victory for Spiders. Obviously, many more Gator fans than Spider fans. However, many Miami fans stated for our game, and they were cheering for the Spiders. We have a winning record against SEC foes, but a loss, evens our series.

I attended the original Richmond vs Florida, orange bowl classic. It was a thrilling victory for Spiders. Obviously, many more Gator fans than Spider fans. However, many Miami fans stated for our game, and they were cheering for the Spiders. We have a winning record against SEC foes, but a loss, evens our series.
I was there too. Miami had beaten I believe FIU, who were coached by Isiah Thomas at the time. Spiders were down like 7-9 points at the half IIRC and some neutral fans left but those who stuck around got what they wanted, a UR upset of Billy Donovan and Chandler Parsons. Josh Duinker got the start over Geriot, his first ever I believe, but played very nervously and Geriot played well esp in the 2nd half. Geriot was back from his ACL and had struggled in his return up to that point in the season. Harper couldn’t buy a jumper and fans around us weee like “let that guy keep shooting” but Gonzo and KA brought us back and ahead ftw. Gonzo a long 3 from left elbow was the big shot.

I do remember the very end too. UR up 2 and KA goes to the line for 2 with like 1 second left. Misses first. As Florida was out of timeouts, I thought he should have intentionally missed the second FT so they wouldn’t even get a shot off. But he made it and they threw a long inbounds pass which Butler grabbed to seal the win.

Anybody else having issues trying to find the game streaming? SEC Network does not list the game for me

The bigger, faster, stronger team is going to get the calls. Florida is all of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT