ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Oh No - UNLV game thread - ~ 630 EST

If we play like we did against Colorado I’ve got us winning this one by double-digits

The more I look the more I think this is all about motivation. Which team wants it more, hopefully us. They beat a pretty decent Pepperdine team on the road by 14, that one is better than any of our wins so far. But they also had a bad loss to Southern in 1st game. We need to win these games to similarly ranked teams. We let one slip to 110 ranked BC, so we could really use this one.

Reactions: SpiderLaw
Thanks for the links, I was taking a look at this one:

Its a guy that uses VSIN's Greg Peterson's sheet - he handicaps every single game every day-and finds the biggest discrepancies with the lines. Will say Peterson's Over/Unders were way off the first few I looked at - i.e. Peterson had over under much lower than the book - and game went way the otherway over in reality. So have not really looked at this too much last several days.

For some reason, can't just share the link, maybe google docs thing?

UNLV fans think their team plays very haphazardly and doesn't make free throws. Sounds like exactly the type of team that should be eaten up by our system. Now we need to make that happen or else we go 0-3 in games we couldn't afford to go 0-3 in.

Reactions: gospidersgo
I like Flo!
I will jinx myself for sure but watched a BUNCH of CAA football this year and not as much but a lot of other FCS in ESPN+ and I found Flo to be a little better. Of course, the schools using their own announcers results in homer time, but oh well, other than that been fine with Flo.

Normal routine is one flo game on tv, one on computer and one espn+ on computer until the CAA schedule for the day has been completed. ESPN+ usually the one that might buffer.

every part of my brain is saying not to buy Flo to watch this game but here I am putting in my credit card information.

to quote the (not so) great R. Kelly, my mind’s telling me no. But my body, my body’s telling me yes

Maybe Neal Quinn can get some bump n’ grind going against the UNLV defense

every part of my brain is saying not to buy Flo to watch this game but here I am putting in my credit card information.

to quote the (not so) great R. Kelly, my mind’s telling me no. But my body, my body’s telling me yes

Maybe Neal Quinn can get some bump n’ grind going against the UNLV defense
I took the plunge too (of course) .. hopefully Flo doesn't let us down (again)

UNLV has had a lackluster start to their season, with no clear standout across their team, but relatively balanced play that makes them a bit unpredictable. Offensively, UNLV thrives down low, and struggles from beyond the arc and seemingly struggles at the line. But, we should not overestimate them, as their size and 2 point prowess alone is something we could either excel or struggle against.

Jalen Hill (Sr), a transfer who averaged just short of 10 PPG as a starter at Oklahoma over the past two years, is going to provide a lot of their offense. He tall and long and has no fear driving to the post. Kalib Boone (Sr), another transfer from Oklahoma State, has excelled off the bench, and I don't think he'll be there much longer as their leading PPG scorer. He excelled against Florida State going 7/11 from the field, but has struggled this season from the line, shooting just 37.5% (likely why he's on the bench)

If the Spiders play like they did yesterday defensively, this could be a really competitive game that I feel good about us cleaning up. Even if we only shoot marginally better offensively, I think we have a good shot in this one. Fouls are a lot more OK against this team when compared to Colorado.

Reactions: urfan1
Let us know if the broadcast is on. Didn’t see it on the Flohoops website schedule and don’t want to pay for nothing. Thanks.

Let us know if the broadcast is on. Didn’t see it on the Flohoops website schedule and don’t want to pay for nothing. Thanks.
It’s there, but you have to search for Sunshine Slam instead of Richmond. I’m currently on the “this event will begin shortly” screen.

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT