ADVERTISEMENT

Content

Dec 23, 2014
During this part of the season, UR does not need to create content for the website.

Generating a fluffy piece on the RC diminishes the contributions and accomplishments of the coaches and players. The self-serving piece omits the WBB program, who also uses the RC, completely. This piece gushes over the arena project while Pitt and other projects have been delayed.

Why?

The athletics site is a PR outlet for the school and athletic program. Why on earth shouldn't they tout the response to the new Robins Center?

This time of year, I can't get enough content on the MBB program. Loved the piece on the RC. Feels great to finally pay attention to the bubble again, after the last several years lost in the desert. Kudos to the team and the coaches for the resurgence. Hope UR keeps adding fresh and relevant content to the website in the days ahead. I will be reading and enjoying all of it.

Congratulations to the WBB team on a great season. Unfortunately, that season is over, but we'll all be fully behind them again next year.

I do miss attending spring baseball games at Pitt field. Maybe we should have all been out there with hairdryers to melt the snow to get the Pitt project back on track?

When Pitt is completed,there should be a great PR piece forthcoming minimally for recruiting purposes-drone filmed and all.

The RC piece touts a terrifically built facilty and a $17 million enhancement.Also not bad for recruiting,existing and future ticket holders,contributing alumni,prospective students and prospective other sport student athletes.Showing off our BBall home was a breath of fresh air.We have found a Marketing Dept.

Yeah, now is a terrible time to be promoting our facilities. A lot of attention is on our program for being on the bubble and with the start of the A-10 play. We wouldn't want to capitalize on that to showcase our great facilities.

Hope the sarcasm translates here.

This thread gets my vote as the most bizarre one of the season.

Somebody want to do a poll?

If you have a website, you ALWAYS have to create new content, or else why would anyone visit? If no one visits, no one clicks the banner ads. If no one clicks the ads you lose sponsors. If you lose sponsors, you lose revenue, etc. etc If an independent reviewer gives our building an outstanding rating, why wouldn't we post it? I've been reading a lot of bitching about our marketing dept. on here, then when they actually do some marketing, there's bitching about that. Yeesh.

no matter what one does, will always be those who think it was not good enough, not happy with it. just have to accept that and as rick nelson sang, "can't please everyone so you got to please yourself"

Partied with his band many, many years ago in Suffolk. Great guys. Did a lot of bitching about the crappy plane they flew on. That plane crashed shortly thereafter killing several as I recall. Never met Rick though.

OK, so a big ozzie and harriet fan growing up, liked rick but was in love with his girlfriend then wife kris harmon, daughter of hall of famer tom harmon and sister of mark, the ucla qb and now star of ncis. to a little boy, kris was dreamy and a tad more.

Ricky Nelson was the coolest guy around and the Ozzie and Harriett show was must see. Still like listening to Ricky Nelson songs -

Hey WebSpinner Tom Harmon played for Michigan, not UCLA . He won the Heisman in1940 or 1941. He also played on the 1941 college all star team verus the Chicago Bears. He had a couple team mates, one was Jackie Robinson from UCLA and another running back from UR. I helped deliver the UR running backs uniform from the 1941 game via Keith Gill and the UR player son to the UR sports memorabilia last fall. I will let you find the UR college 1941 All Star.

Old guy thread of the day. Play something from Buddy Holly in the background, reminisce when the lane was only 6 feet wide, and debate whether Wilt or Russell were the greatest big men of their day.

We're just trying to keep showing the Big East what we've been up to... Wink wink.

right you are local but mark harmon, his son, star of ncis on cbs, was the starting qb at ucla during his college years. hey 70, buddy holly played the mosque twice during his too brief career.

This post was edited on 3/13 7:58 AM by WebSpinner

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT