ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Spiders.

Mar 13, 2017
really disappointed in the effort last night from Bama, The defensive effort they hang their hat on just wasn't there. The Richmond offense had a lot to do with that though...you guys are fun to watch.

Good luck the rest of the way. We are on to next year looking forward to the best recruiting class we have ever had. Hope to see you guys in the dance next year for the rematch!

Best wishes to Tide basketball. Now can you please take care of Clemson in football. Roll Tide!

Reactions: Eighth_Leg
I really, really appreciate hearing from thoughtful, educated, intelligent, rational, and well-groomed fans from opposing schools. It draws a sharp line of demarcation with some of the other fans who frequently troll our forum...

I really, really appreciate hearing from thoughtful, educated, intelligent, rational, and well-groomed fans from opposing schools. It draws a sharp line of demarcation with some of the other fans who frequently troll our forum...

it would be nice to get some thoughtful, educated, intelligent, rational and well groomed thoughts from some of our fans as well.....

really disappointed in the effort last night from Bama, The defensive effort they hang their hat on just wasn't there. The Richmond offense had a lot to do with that though...you guys are fun to watch.

Good luck the rest of the way. We are on to next year looking forward to the best recruiting class we have ever had. Hope to see you guys in the dance next year for the rematch!

Maybe a home & home in the near future......

Reactions: Eighth_Leg
The class of the SEC in basketball? Umm...
You were a busy little bee on the Bama message board.
I always try to be cordial to our neighbors to the South. The basketball fans have been very classy. Now, when football season starts, it might be a different story. FWIW, this country is being run with a heavy Alabama accent at the moment.

The class of the SEC in basketball? Umm...

You were a busy little bee on the Bama message board.

I went over there and checked it out. Stonewall was claiming we shoot 40-45% from 3? And TJ has 8 assists per game? We shoot 52% from 2? At least take the small amount of time necessary to look up those numbers if you are going to post them, to some degree you are representing our university, team and fanbase so it would be nice if you didn't just pull numbers out of a hat.

If you are going to be precise enough to quote 52%, at least quote the actual 2FG% of 55.1% (16th in the country). TJ has 5.6 assists per game, not 8. We shoot 34% from 3, not 40-45% (there are only 13 teams in the country that shoot over 40%, only 2 over 41%, 0 over 43%). And why would you say Alabama is the class of the SEC? In football, sure, but in basketball claiming that is either patronizing them or groveling. Over the past decade they are under .500 in SEC play and have had 1 NCAA appearance. I don't understand you Stonewall.

Last edited:
Stonewall thinks we should have been destroyed.

Today, 10:25 AM#128Stonewall D
user-online.png
BamaNation Scout Team

Re: Richmond vs. Alabama

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CrimsonProf
It's a style of play we rarely see and a pretty good team with almost equal talent. I'm not shocked.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I must disagree. I was completely shocked. Alabama is the class of the SEC and should have destroyed Richmond. Your team is huge and very talented. They would have destroyed most of the teams in the A-10.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Stonewall thinks we should have been destroyed.

Today, 10:25 AM#128Stonewall D
user-online.png
BamaNation Scout Team

Re: Richmond vs. Alabama

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CrimsonProf
It's a style of play we rarely see and a pretty good team with almost equal talent. I'm not shocked.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... They went 1-2 against the A10, losing 2 games AT HOME and just barely beating an absolutely horrific Saint Louis on a neutral court. Seems to me like they would have been in the bottom half of the A10. Stonewall seems infatuated with them for some reason.

I went over there and checked it out. Stonewall was claiming we shoot 40-45% from 3? And TJ has 8 assists per game? We shoot 52% from 2? At least take the small amount of time necessary to look up those numbers if you are going to post them, to some degree you are representing our university, team and fanbase so it would be nice if you didn't just pull numbers out of a hat.

If you are going to be precise enough to quote 52%, at least quote the actual 2FG% of 55.1% (16th in the country). TJ has 5.6 assists per game, not 8. We shoot 34% from 3, not 40-45% (there are only 13 teams in the country that shoot over 40%, only 2 over 41%, 0 over 43%). And why would you say Alabama is the class of the SEC? In football, sure, but in basketball claiming that is either patronizing them or groveling. Over the past decade they are under .500 in SEC play and have had 1 NCAA appearance. I don't understand you Stonewall.
I heard the announcer of the Clemson/Oakland game claim Oakland shoots 41% from 3 but KenPom seems to disagree.

And maybe Stonewall meant Class of the SEC as an institution not a sports team?

Last edited:
Congrats Spiders on a super win last night. I only caught the 2nd half but you all outplayed them defensively and were by far the quicker team. The experience for Nick and Buck is invaluable. Now get that win Sunday night!

Ram Bal

I for one hope that the lambs lose in the first round, I really like St. Mary's. Maybe before the game they could trade a few players so both teams could be a little more diverse. The Gaels are the whitest of the white teams, and I can't remember the last time VCU had a white guy even on the team, let alone one who actually played.

I for one hope that the lambs lose in the first round, I really like St. Mary's. Maybe before the game they could trade a few players so both teams could be a little more diverse. The Gaels are the whitest of the white teams, and I can't remember the last time VCU had a white guy even on the team, let alone one who actually played.
Always a good thing when vdu loses.

Rick you aren't color blind are you?

Not sure your intent was as bad as this sounds.

St. Mary's has two 7 foot Aussies named Jock on their team. Two Jocks beat one Cox I always say.

Reactions: SpiderK
Lol. I think it was Danny Kottak in the early 80's

No, VCU had another Russian/Eastern European kid during the Anthony Grant era, can't recall his name. Maybe 6'7" and a bruiser who went in the game to deliver punishing fouls to the other team.

Kirill Pishchalnikov, no wonder I couldn't remember the name, and he was listed at 6'8".

Johnson should be able to get Bama where they want to be. Having played for Popovich he should have learned team play. and being a NBA player and coach should help him in recruitment

Do we get money from the NIT at all? Is it based on rounds reached? Only champion? No money?

Do we get money from the NIT at all? Is it based on rounds reached? Only champion? No money?
It pays out shares similar to the NCAA tournament. You get a credit/share for each game you play on the prelim rounds and some bonus for semis I believe. Obvious the revenues are lower.

It pays out shares similar to the NCAA tournament. You get a credit/share for each game you play on the prelim rounds and some bonus for semis I believe. Obvious the revenues are lower.
Revenues may be lower, I don't know. But the crowds at the "big dance" are pathetic. Looks like less than 1,500 at the St Mary's game.

anyone have a link as to how NIT revenues are shared? I found one blog from 2011, not sure it is still accurate, or if it ever was.

Revenues may be lower, I don't know. But the crowds at the "big dance" are pathetic. Looks like less than 1,500 at the St Mary's game.
Huh? But the visitors sell out every away game...

Not sure your intent was as bad as this sounds.

I was suggesting diversity. Are you against diversity? I'm afraid YOUR post is the one that sounds bad, bro, not mine.

What a sucky pc world we live in. You can't even mention any person's race now without being called a racist. Grow up

Last edited:

Not sure of the numbers but I'm guessing the biggest chunk of NCAA tourney money comes from the tv side anyway, not ticket sales.

Reactions: MrTbone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT