ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Mooney's Long Term Plan

Injuries are part of the game and you have to be able to adapt to them. This is why you have a deep roster filled with players who can step in when needed to. Last year, VCU lost Weber to a season ending injury at about the same time we lost Ced, they still made the tourney. Why? Depth.

This is where our recent recruiting misses come into play, they killed our tournament chances

Reactions: SpiderK
I honestly believe the opponents had figured out Ced before his injury. With Ced if you didn't bail him out with a foul and just kept your arms up you could stop him. We'll never know.
Come on bud!!!! Ced was still dropping 18 points a game on the A-10!! Kid was tough, played hard and A-10 had no answer for him.

Reactions: SpiderHoops32
The heck of it all is that this year some of our freshmen are skilled enough to step in and play. IMHO, we do have depth just fail to use/trust it. OSC

Reactions: SpiderRick
Come on bud!!!! Ced was still dropping 18 points a game on the A-10!! Kid was tough, played hard and A-10 had no answer for him.
K, you got that right. Believe that North Carolina did all they could to stop Ced but could not. Ced was the real deal. OSC

Reactions: SpiderK
The heck of it all is that this year some of our freshmen are skilled enough to step in and play. IMHO, we do have depth just fail to use/trust it. OSC
Of our true freshman, what have you seen from them that makes you think that??

fan2011 said:
We are not that far away from making the NCAAs more often than not (we were very close to making it 4 out of 6 years), there is just a small hump we need to get over.

QUOTE="urfan1, post: 100823, member: 46"] I believe this explains the frustration some feel[/QUOTE]

Sorry that some of you will be upset, but the "hump" is not a mystery

fan2011 said:
We are not that far away from making the NCAAs more often than not (we were very close to making it 4 out of 6 years), there is just a small hump we need to get over.

QUOTE="urfan1, post: 100823, member: 46"] I believe this explains the frustration some feel

Sorry that some of you will be upset, but the "hump" is not a mystery[/QUOTE]
The "Hump" is Everest right now.

i assume we am will put this year in the tally for a being in the bubble. I mean late December all the bracketologist had us on the bubble.

Reactions: KWeaver
spiderjpo, From paper it's looks like we have a good recruiting class, but to count on these freshman to turn around a program in their first year is living in a fantasy land. They'll need time and experience and work, a lot of work, to get where I'm hoping they want to be. How many next years are you willing to put up with.
You missed the point. Buckingham is the leader of a three time state championship high school team and did not commit to Richmond to settle for CBI games. He has made this clear on social media. He wants to fill the Robins Center and win championships. My post said the identity of the team will change not that his class will be expected to turn around the program. We need more kids with fire and an edge. He will bring that and expect it from his teammates. Look at this year's team without Kendall Anthony. We can't even protect our home court at this point.

Sherod was there tonight. Wish he could have played. Bet he would have scored more than two seniors combined. 2

I respect Kendall even more after seeing how we are performing this year. There was a reason Mooney said he was the hardest working player he's coached. We need more of those and if Buckingham can fill that fantastic.

Was Georgiadis there? I see Marquis has been putting the hard sell on him.

Petrie was with Sherod. Not saying we are recruiting him, they are teammates after all.

Jacobs and Petrie are Div II talent at best. Will play in ODAC, hopefully for CM at Bridgewater.

K appreciate that you did not say UR was recruiting them, just afraid CM might be

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT