ADVERTISEMENT

55%

Eight Legger

Spider's Club
May 27, 2003
Mooney's career winning percentage as a head coach is 55%.
Mooney's winning percentage as Richmond's head coach is 55%.
Mooney's career winning percentage in A-10 games is 55%.
Mooney's winning percentage in the past 11 years is 55%.
Mooney's winning percentage in the past 5 years is 55%.
Mooney's winning percentage in A-10 games in the past 11 years (with a win against Bona) will be 55%.
Mooney's winning percentage in A-10 games in the past 5 years is 55%.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Well he was 60% at his last position...
"...head coach at Air Force. In his only year there, he led the Falcons to their second best record in school history (18–12). "

Mooney's career winning percentage as a head coach is 55%.
Mooney's winning percentage as Richmond's head coach is 55%.
Mooney's career winning percentage in A-10 games is 55%.
Richmond's winning percentage in the past 5 years is 55%.
Richmond's winning percentage in A-10 games in the past 5 years is 55%.
So this is an entire column on Jeopardy called Mooney Basketball Stats?

• Haha
Reactions: 8legs1dream
Our winning percentage right now is 63% and we are barely on the NIT bubble with that. In 2020, our winning percentage was 77% when the season got cancelled and were a solid bubble team when the season got cancelled.
For an A-10 team to be a bubble team, they have to have a winning percentage of at least 75% or greater (VCU is right at 75% and is right on the cut line at present).

I think this illustrates how far this program is from true NCAA contention, 55% is not even close to the threshold for NCAA bids.

55% is just who Mooney is.
But that's good enough evidentially. Maybe not on this board with the exception of a couple deniers, but its good enough for decision makers.

Show us it's not. Prove us wrong.

Not true! He has a horrible winning percentage in the A10 tournament...its 44%. To be fair a lot of coaches may have bad winning percentages in their conf tournaments since you lose 1 and you're done. However he didn't coach a team that won an A10 conf tournament game until his 4th year and out of 15 A10 tournaments to date he has 6 years that he didn't win a single A10 tournament game.

Our winning percentage right now is 63% and we are barely on the NIT bubble with that. In 2020, our winning percentage was 77% when the season got cancelled and were a solid bubble team when the season got cancelled.
For an A-10 team to be a bubble team, they have to have a winning percentage of at least 75% or greater (VCU is right at 75% and is right on the cut line at present).

I think this illustrates how far this program is from true NCAA contention, 55% is not even close to the threshold for NCAA bids.
In truth, I have no problem with 63.1% ...on May 1.
If you look at our last 40 seasons, I think a higher percentage of seasons that ended over that were considered successful by most here.

In truth, I have no problem with 63.1% ...on May 1.
If you look at our last 40 seasons, I think a higher percentage of seasons that ended over that were considered successful by most here.
All depends on where the program out. 63% might be a good year in a rebuilding year, it is no where near good enough in the year everyone circled as to when all of our "rebuilding efforts" would bear fruit.

If we were 55% but made the tourney every 3-4 years, I would not have an issue with 55%. But then again - if that was the case - we would likely be above 55% overall.
Right. Me too. But if you are making the tournament every 3 or 4 years, that would have to be offset by 2-3 really putrid single digit win seasons. Mooney prevents that be scheduling light in the OOC those years and the fact that the A-10 has a bunch of schools (Duquesne, LaSalle, Fordham, GW) who operate at such a distinct disadvantage that it is pretty easy to avoid those landmine seasons that would easily spell his doom.

I have no problem scheduling light in the down years. And if you come out with 16-18 wins in a rebuild year with no post-season, so be it. But every 3-4 years, we should be making the tourney or on cusp of it.

Here we are March 4, and we are the bubble for the NIT, not the NCAA. Wrong bubble. Wrong year.

Did you guys knows Schmidt only had a .570 winning percentage? They way you all praise him on here I would’ve guessed something much higher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT