ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal Season

First season at LaSalle, missed first 8 games played next 9, missed last 14 with an injury.
Missed the next season, then 2 at LaSalle, 1 at NC ST, and after growing 2 inches 1 season at Clemson.

VCU losing out on Brickus and then having Lawal committing to Tech on the same day is quite the 24 hours. Hey, at least they got a reserve forward in his 7th year though.
He was averaging 30 minutes in 2021-2022…

For a 5-13 LaSalle…
And with pedestrian stats…

The kicker would be if NCAA says “you played in 17th game of the season, Medical cutoff is 15th, no eligibility for you!”

23, your boy Andrew Carr is still getting it done.
Delaware to Wake and now to Kentucky. cha-ching.
I did see that one sman. He is moving on up again. No idea who his competition for pt will be at Kentucky, but feel like some of these programs with the big turnover you are taking your chances. I guess if you are getting the big 6 figure payout it is worth the risk.

Reactions: spiderman
He was averaging 30 minutes in 2021-2022…

For a 5-13 LaSalle…
And with pedestrian stats…

The kicker would be if NCAA says “you played in 17th game of the season, Medical cutoff is 15th, no eligibility for you!”

anyone who has a 7th year u have to wonder why, but next year gotta be the Covid one. You'd think NCAA ruled on a medical redshirt from his 1st year a long time ago.

Yeah, I'm not sure how he would have been able to get the medical redshirt. He played in La Salle's 16th game of the season, but the denominator should have been 31 games so he would have been just over halfway and thus ineligible for the waiver.

Don't worry, Clownshow Ed already has his legal team on this one, and they are going to sue the NCAA to Walla Walla and back if they need to in order to get Mr. Clark eligible. After all, his dog's uncle's fiancee's best friend is very ill, and it's imperative that he play 15-22 mpg for vcu this year in order to provide emotional support.

Last edited:
as of April 5th, Clark had "no idea" if he had another year of eligibility.

Because he played in less than 30% of his games his freshman year, he can petition for a retroactive medical redshirt waiver for that year ... but that doesn't count the fact that he played in the 16th game of a 30 game schedule which is a no-no.

when he signed with NC state 2 years ago, the release said he had 2 years of eligibility, which he's used.

It feels like you shouldn't be allowed to enter the portal or sign with a team from the portal unless your eligibility has been cleared by someone. If you are in the portal and can sign, then you are eligible. If not, then you are not. Why is this so difficult?

Reactions: Spiders4ever

Because he played in less than 30% of his games his freshman year, he can petition for a retroactive medical redshirt waiver for that year ... but that doesn't count the fact that he played in the 16th game of a 30 game schedule which is a no-no.

when he signed with NC state 2 years ago, the release said he had 2 years of eligibility, which he's used.

Interesting sman. There have been retroactive redshirts but not sure I've heard of 1 from 6 seasons ago. I would feel like that hurts your hardship waiver case when applying for it after that length of time. But who knows maybe that's how u do it. I figured he already knew he had the eligibility.

So kind of like of Bamisile situation where VCU may be waiting to see if he can even play.

But Legger is right they know they have the Virginia AG on their side who is willing to fight the NCAA, maybe as much for his Gov aspirations.

I've joked about it b4 butr it's really no joke, basically all eligibility rules r disappearing. U r still enrolled as undergrad u can play. u want to switch 2nd semester and still play, why not. Student constituitional rights! Non student-athletes can do it.

16 of 30, or in language VCU would understand one toke over the line…

Reactions: Stork3
16 of 30, or in language VCU would understand one toke over the line…

31 if u count A10 tourney. He probably got injured 1st half of 16th game. That's 15.5. Under the halfway threshold. 7th year granted.

At least that's the argument...maybe.

31 if u count A10 tourney. He probably got injured 1st half of 16th game. That's 15.5. Under the halfway threshold. 7th year granted.

I have wondered about that in the past. Regular season, games scheduled at start of season so 1st A10 counts?, or total played.

the injury or illness must have occurred prior to the beginning of the contest or date of competition that begins the second half of the playing season in that sport as measured by the number of completed contests or dates of competition in that sport, excluding postconference competition.

the injury or illness must have occurred prior to the beginning of the contest or date of competition that begins the second half of the playing season in that sport as measured by the number of completed contests or dates of competition in that sport, excluding postconference competition.

Yes & I'm not disputing what the ncaa says, I'm only saying the argument Clark and VCU will make. by letter of law he's ineligible, but that's what the waiver process is for, when u don't meet letter of law.

he's in the portal and vcu took him they must think they have a case. I assume they'll essentially argue u can't rule against a kid when it's that close. the ncaa side would rightly point out he's on his 4th school in 7 years.

Close only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades. And NCAA eligibility.

regarding eligibility I will just assume the student now always wins until proven otherwise, and vcu is probably taking same approach.

La Salle played 30 regular-season games, and the A-10 tournament counts as 1 no matter how many games are played, so the denominator is 31. And the rules are clear that in an odd-number situation you have to round down, so playing any amount of La Salle's 16th game of the season should disqualify him.

La Salle played 30 regular-season games, and the A-10 tournament counts as 1 no matter how many games are played, so the denominator is 31. And the rules are clear that in an odd-number situation you have to round down, so playing any amount of La Salle's 16th game of the season should disqualify him.

I've got nothing against the kid ... er, young man ... but if he's eligible then they should strike that language in the rules for a medical redshirt (which was there for a reason).

they talk very clearly about not playing in the 2nd half of the season.

Last edited:

According to Jack Clark himself he's got the redshirt...

VCU also had a PG on campus yesterday, hopefully they took him by the Palenstine thing.

only 3 reasons I can see for waiting this long to enter the portal.
1) coaching change
2) team recently brought in someone for your position
3) tampering like Kim English claims

Portal deadline entry is midnight tonight. Thinking we will see a rush of last minute entries today and tonight. Of course, we all know the rules are now that there are no rules. So guessing we will see an entry attempted tomorrow.

Nice call - clearly going to be some entries later than tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT