ADVERTISEMENT

Year After Next Roster (23-24)

spider23

Spider's Club
May 31, 2002
Dedmon Center USA
ruhoops.proboards.com
I know, a little early for this exercise, but slow summer Friday. Trying to figure out if I have this correct?

PG/CG - Nelson , Dji, Trevor Smith
Guards - Roche, Dread, Randolph
Forwards - Bigelow, Noyes
Center - Quinn, Walz

I am assuming Burton gone. I would think Crabtree would be gone too, that would be his sixth season - but he did have injury RS and could gain extra covid year? Either way unless he gets big minutes this year would not think back in 23-24.

Am I missing anything? We could have quite a few slots to fill. 3 obvious openings as I see it, maybe more as would think the possibility of one of our guards seeing the crunch and moving on.

As usual, I want to see an athletic big forward. Based on the changing of the game, success of Cayo, potential of Bigelow - I am lowering my height requirement to 6'7 for this/these players :). Hoping we can add one via h.s. recruit and another find in the portal following this season.

I am thinking we will have 4 openings. That leaves two and I think the other two are best possible player, whether guard(s) or center.

Because he could technically graduate and be done after this year. That spreadsheet typically doesn't add in COVID years until they officially say they're returning.

That seems strange. If a guy could be on the team that year, he should be on the list. Put an asterisk by them if you want to, but those guys should be included. Makes for a very misleading and inaccurate list. I will stick with 23's list. 😀

Reactions: Spiderstew1962
That seems strange. If a guy could be on the team that year, he should be on the list. Put an asterisk by them if you want to, but those guys should be included. Makes for a very misleading and inaccurate list. I will stick with 23's list. 😀
When did Burton, Crabtree, and Quinn enroll for the 2023-2024 academic year? 😁

We are not LaSalle who skips regular Senior year and goes straight to extra COVID year
or URI who assumes everyone will always come back for COVID year. 🤣

Last edited:

??? We have had 6 rotation guys come back for their COVID years the past 2 seasons. So, how accurate was the list for all of them?

It's a recruiting spreadsheet, not a roster spreadsheet, so the idea is to track available spots however they will be filled...frosh, transfers, extra-year guys.

You can slice it either way...it doesn't really matter as long as you take things into account when you look at it.

Reactions: plydogg
Understood. I just think they should include COVID guys to give you a better idea of the rosters. But, no big deal. Those that like the lists can use them, those like me that don't can look elsewhere. All good.

Think for 23-24 we have a solid core and good PG depth. I think we can go after the best players available no matter the position - looking for some dynamic scorers. Going after Bizjack certainly seems to indicate that is the case.

Reactions: VT4700
Danny Mooney is actually going to be a very good player for us. He is super smooth out there despite being the smallest guy on the court right now. If you’ve seen him play, you can tell that he has “it” already. Wait till he shoots up and can still handle the ball.

Danny Mooney is actually going to be a very good player for us. He is super smooth out there despite being the smallest guy on the court right now. If you’ve seen him play, you can tell that he has “it” already. Wait till he shoots up and can still handle the ball.
I can just see this board when he chooses to go somewhere else instead of playing for his dad: "I can't believe he couldn't even recruit his own son."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT