ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Team in Years

Spider2020

Star
Nov 25, 2017
I’ve been following the team since I started at Richmond in the fall of 2016. I honestly think this is the worst team we’ve had since I started following. 2018-2019 team was bad, but at least then we had the hope of adding Sherod (injury) and Francis (transfer redshirt) the following year. We also had guys like Gilyard and Golden who we knew were studs and had a couple years left, and Cayo emerging.

At this point I have no hope for the future with this team - our best player by far will be gone after this year and the cupboard seems pretty bare. I don’t see any of the players currently on the roster being future Gilyards, Goldens, Sherods, or Cayos. We have a lot of depth, but that’s because we have no stars (outside of Burton). We just have a lot of decent players. Other than Burton, everyone on the team is at about the same level. What is the plan for the future?

Reactions: Hanca and SpiderK
I don't think laying out mostly realistic facts doesn't make one an enemy Greg. I enjoy your posts but come on now....

Reactions: Hanca
The early Mooney years featured some really bad teams. He inherited a mess of a roster. I never blamed him when he got the early technicals and got ejected - no one wanted to watch some of those games. Mooney was however fun to watch. We sat in the corner of the arena where you could hear everything he yelled down the bench. Think nearly 80% of his words were of the 4 letter variety some games.

The early Mooney years featured some really bad teams. He inherited a mess of a roster. I never blamed him when he got the early technicals and got ejected - no one wanted to watch some of those games. Mooney was however fun to watch. We sat in the corner of the arena where you could hear everything he yelled down the bench. Think nearly 80% of his words were of the 4 letter variety some games.
That’s why he now drinks from the little white cup.

I’ve been following the team since I started at Richmond in the fall of 2016. I honestly think this is the worst team we’ve had since I started following. 2018-2019 team was bad, but at least then we had the hope of adding Sherod (injury) and Francis (transfer redshirt) the following year. We also had guys like Gilyard and Golden who we knew were studs and had a couple years left, and Cayo emerging.

At this point I have no hope for the future with this team - our best player by far will be gone after this year and the cupboard seems pretty bare. I don’t see any of the players currently on the roster being future Gilyards, Goldens, Sherods, or Cayos. We have a lot of depth, but that’s because we have no stars (outside of Burton). We just have a lot of decent players. Other than Burton, everyone on the team is at about the same level. What is the plan for the future?
Nothing until Mooney leaves. Until then, we will be mediocre for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Hanca
Mooney has at least 9 more tries and 6,000,000.00 more dollars to beat VDU.
this is what some fans want though. They don't want to win, they rather just keep a guy who can't coach because he looks good for the university.

this is what some fans want though. They don't want to win, they rather just keep a guy who can't coach because he looks good for the university.
If it weren’t for the fact that our rival is VCU, I would say their fan base must be subsidizing Mooney’s salary.

Reactions: whamilton19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT