ADVERTISEMENT

Will Tschetter - 2021 Offer

According to Ryan James (MN based analyst)...
"The following schools are talking to 6'8/6'9 Top 150 level PF Will Tschetter:
Arkansas (3 virtual visits)
Davidson
Michigan (Martelli called this week, reviewed film)
Minnesota (Pitino recently called)
Oregon St (regular contact)
Richmond
Virginia Tech (regular contact)"

We are fishing in much bigger ponds for these recruits recently, good to see.
I'm not sure why we haven't always been fishing in this pond. I know some of here said repeatedly, that we could never successfully fish in this pond, and that to me was a loser's argument. You can't fish in a big pond if you never put any lines in the water.

Glad and relieved to see that we have baited lines out there. So, now that Moondog has his lines in the water and with some actual good bait(big time winning season last year, lots of offseason love, and some good talent already in the pipeline), he just needs to finish the process and land these bigger recruits.

I think Mooney is feeling a little wind in his sails these days. Good for him, good for us.

Well, a little bit of revisionist history going on here. We have always been involved with top 150 types. Typically we are mentioned very early, then the big boys start getting listed and we are not mentioned again. Or we make the final five, but never seem to really be that close - at least that is my perception. Lot's of examples, a few off top of my head: Aleem Ford, Wisconsin. Grant Williams, Tennessee. Kid from Charlotte high school that just transferred from Santa Clara. I feel like this is what occurred at some point: We were in on, and seemingly close on some highly rated recruits following our 2011/2012 NCAA teams. We missed out. Between missing these guys and/or unknown academic constraints, we narrowed our pool a bit, and maybe changed our target recruit.

Reactions: plydogg
agreed, 23. we'll see what kind of offers Tschetter gets and what level he chooses to play at. the list above of teams talking to him is very impressive but we're one of his best offers so far. lets see if we're still in the discussion if Minn or Mich offers.

I'm not sure why we haven't always been fishing in this pond. I know some of here said repeatedly, that we could never successfully fish in this pond, and that to me was a loser's argument. You can't fish in a big pond if you never put any lines in the water.

Glad and relieved to see that we have baited lines out there. So, now that Moondog has his lines in the water and with some actual good bait(big time winning season last year, lots of offseason love, and some good talent already in the pipeline), he just needs to finish the process and land these bigger recruits.

I think Mooney is feeling a little wind in his sails these days. Good for him, good for us.
It’s easier to fish the big pond when you have a boat. And lures. And bait. And a ham sandwich.

Winning makes a massive amount of difference for where guys want to go.

Will picked up offers from Michigan, Minnesota, and Nebraska yesterday.

Reactions: plydogg
Q&A with Will’s AAU coach...at least he seems positive about us in a brief mention. Article may require Rivals subscription.

Q: Who are some of the other school that have recruited him, and how have they stood out?

Vang: "Colorado State, Northern Iowa, Richmond, and Michigan have been really detailed. They're just organized, detailed, and have good communication with me, with Will, and with his family. It's just been positive to see the level or organization and detail with some of those programs. I think they've all don't a really good job."

https://minnesota.rivals.com/news/inside-will-tshetter-s-emergence

This is the type of player we need to keep targeting, but likely would take a guy close to Richmond to take a chance on UR. Being from MN and when they offered with Michigan - we had no chance. Like that we were in the mix early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT