ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State 56 Richmond 53 - Five Minutes of Good Basketball and Free Tacos!

mojo-spider

Team Manager
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010

wow! tonight was a reality check...I figured the new players and lineups would experience growing pains and I hope that's what we saw again tonight because it was painful!...our effectiveness against the Shocker's zone defense in the first half was difficult to watch...I'm confident things will improve by A-10 time, but we've got further to go than I might have expected...

the second half comeback strategy was exciting again tonight, but once again came up short...we couldn't sustain it for more than five minutes...once the Shockers got themselves back together it never felt like we had a chance to win down the stretch...our defense at the rim disappeared and when we were able to get a stop critical turnovers took away any chance we had to catch up...

highlight clips were hard to find tonight, but there are a few on the link from the 14:42 mark of the 2nd half to the 9:35 mark...they include Isaiah Bigelow's dunk which brought down the house, giving us our first lead since the first seconds of the game...

it could get real ugly for the Spiders on the three week road trip, but that's three more weeks of practice and competition to solve some problems and improve for the A-10 battles...I'm still hopeful!

Beat William and Mary!

Go Spiders!

Came here to say the same thing. I left five minutes after the game ended and nary a coupon anywhere. Not that I really care, but if you're doing a promotion, do the promotion.

Reactions: SpiderK
Came here to say the same thing. I left five minutes after the game ended and nary a coupon anywhere. Not that I really care, but if you're doing a promotion, do the promotion.
Exactly, they handed out the 15 taco coupons pretty fast.

We've had the same problem in previous years and have started walking around the entire perimeter to find the one or two exits where the staff seem to be on the ball and actually handing out the coupons/vouchers for the next game/whatever.

Geez, what the hell. I completely forgot about the free tacos when I left and after watching the performance, I think they should skip the tacos and offer us tequila instead. No more cheering for free tacos if they are just going to tease us like that.

Also, sound system still needs work. Could barely hear player introductions.

Man, that's really disappointing to hear everybody got stiffed after this reaction...kids were so excited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT