ADVERTISEMENT

What would are record be if Grace did not get hurt?

...Then, after we did what we did last year, come right back and do all this crap again 8 games into the next season? THAT is what is pathetic.
The crap you refer to is actually mooney being mooney. We wouldn't be b****ing if mooney knew how to manage the players he has and not fall back into his age-old traps in which he has never learned a single lesson.

Reactions: plydogg
Better than everybody except Tarrant is what it is. But keep thinking we should be a powerhouse with all of the NBA pros we have and money we are getting guys. LOL
I appreciate your take here because I think it's exactly how the administration and AD feel. Personally I feel like we have the facilities and support to be a consistent TOP 3 team in the A-10 which should translate to going to the NCAA's every few years. Certainly not a powerhouse but I do think we could set our goals and expectations higher than they currently are. Of course it doesn't matter what I think and I've long ago accepted that the lower the expectations are the easier it is for those in charge to remain in charge and then really sell and celebrate the outlier results like last season. I'm not really sure why we even joined the A-10 and are paying Mooney as much as we are if these are our goals...we could easily accomplish them in the CAA and with a much cheaper coach but at least that makes it seem like we are trying I guess.

The really annoying part is that we literally just won the A10 and beat the Big 10 champion in the NCAAs, and even that apparently didn't raise anyone's expectations! Of course it's possible -- we just did it!

So why can't the expectation from our administration and fanbase be "Let's do it again! Let's use that as a jumping block to annually being in the mix for an at-large bid and conference championship and to regularly shut up that other team downtown by taking back that series."

Instead, we get people making lots of excuses about how it takes time, we can't ever be expected to hold five-point leads with a minute left, etc etc. Maddening.

I don't expect us to win the A10 this year and never did, but you can't convince me we don't have enough talent right now to have been in the mix for an NCAA appearance.

These have been my sentiment for years. John Beilein did not come here to effing finish in 6th place in the A10 and hope to get to the dance 2 out of 10 years. But somewhere along the line that is the message from our admin.

I had some folks supposedly in the know telling me last year "make sure you don't go putting up any billboards" - not that I am taking credit for that :):):). But I guess just in case since I identified as FMM. Basically telling me that if we did not win the A10 Mooney was gone, the only thing stopping it was a billboard or other campaign that admin would use some effed up logic to keep moon man.

So I guess they almost reached their tipping point. I am encouraged by moons use of the portal this year. But am in no way sold on hit overall coaching ability and especially to adapt. This season has a long way to go though, so will keep hoping as we have him for the long haul now.

Reactions: 8legs1dream
Damn. As excited as I was to win the tourny and have a determined huge vocal fan-base in DC, that would have definitely changed my thinking.

A loss and Mooney is guaranteed out vs NCAA bid. Wow. Tough decision. Actually not at all, long term success is way more valuable. Would have given up all of that to have Mooney out the door for even the chance at regular ncaa bids.

Reactions: whampas
I'm not really sure why we even joined the A-10 and are paying Mooney as much as we are if these are our goals...we could easily accomplish them in the CAA and with a much cheaper coach but at least that makes it seem like we are trying I guess.
I have posted these same thoughts in other threads. There definitely have been investments, but there has barely been a return. The A10 conference is not pulling its weight either with the very low number of at large bids earned by the conference. I guess as long as the boosters are happy with a 6th place finish in conference the AD is happy to spend their money.

Reactions: Eight Legger
ADVERTISEMENT