ADVERTISEMENT

What would are record be if Grace did not get hurt?

UR80sfan

Star
Jan 28, 2018
I think we would be either 6-0 or 5-1. I can't remember what the score of the Charleston game when Grace went out.

Legitimate question UR80. Too bad people on here have to act like such jerks when you just asked a simple question, without criticizing anyone. But, really hard to know where we would be record wise with a healthy Grace. You always want your best players out there, and will almost always be worse off without them. It certainly looks like we missed him in a close game against Wichita. Maybe we beat Syracuse with him, but who knows, maybe we then still lose to St. John's with him. Hard to know, but my best guess would be 4-2. Let's just hope he gets back soon.

• Haha
Reactions: PASpider
I'd like to think he'd make us a few points better each game.
so 5-1 and no posts the past week from the FMM.

Reactions: VT4700
If he didn't get injured, we would probably be 14-0 right now.
He was hurt, we are 3-3, these speculative "what if" scenarios that are impossible to find an answer. Heck, we could be 2-4 without him. I don't know and neither do you.

It's basketball, players get hurt. Good teams weather injuries, bad/mediocre teams make excuses from them. Of course, you'd think we'd be 5-1 or 6-0 because your bread and butter is making excuses for Moon and his teams performance. Moon should put you on staff for all the fluff you do for him.

Dayton is down their entire backcourt, VCU is out there best players, so would they be undefeated too because they have unquestionably had more critical injuries. At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are. We are 3-3.

He was hurt, we are 3-3, these speculative "what if" scenarios that are impossible to find an answer. Heck, we could be 2-4 without him. I don't know and neither do you.

It's basketball, players get hurt. Good teams weather injuries, bad/mediocre teams make excuses from them. Of course, you'd think we'd be 5-1 or 6-0 because your bread and butter is making excuses for Moon and his teams performance. Moon should put you on staff for all the fluff you do for him.

Dayton is down their entire backcourt, VCU is out there best players, so would they be undefeated too because they have unquestionably had more critical injuries. At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are. We are 3-3.
Agree with all of this … my spin is when we push thru tonight and make Bill and Mary wish we were playing fb we get a healthy MFG back for the Drake game where we need Robins packed and loud …

I can't believe how big you guys are on Matt Grace. Honestly, I believe we would be 2-4 with him. He is an acceptable back-up now, which is a major upgrade from 2 years ago where I cringed every time he entered the court.

It would be very nice to have a 100 % healthy Grace back for Drake. Yes, if you follow college hoops, you know that many teams are without 1 or 2 or more key players on a given night or for weeks. VCU and Dayton seem to have had more than their share of injuries the last two years. We can't let and make excuses for our season because MFG is out for a couple weeks. I am worried about Quinn, after his broken foot and getting banged up the one game, I hold my breath any time he goes down.

Reactions: gospidersgo
I can't believe how big you guys are on Matt Grace. Honestly, I believe we would be 2-4 with him. He is an acceptable back-up now, which is a major upgrade from 2 years ago where I cringed every time he entered the court.
Ooooook

Really ? MFG is clearly more a positive than a negative and at this point in his career he knows what he can do and what he can’t.

Hard to say, right? Grace's absence opened things up for more time Quinn and Roche. Quinn went for 8 points and 9 boards while Roche was out there bombing threes.

I don't know what our record would be, but I think we learned an important lesson that our team can play well without either Grace or Quinn in the lineup. Even when Grace returns, we may want to see the small lineup at times.

Hard to say, right? Grace's absence opened things up for more time Quinn and Roche. Quinn went for 8 points and 9 boards while Roche was out there bombing threes.
I think Roche should play a lot against Syracuse regardless.
I think Burton plays less than 45 minutes with Grace, and I think playing 45 affected him late when he missed 5 of 6 FTs.
maybe that Bigelow to Quinn pass at the end of regulation doesn't happen.
we'll never know but I don't see how not having a rotational piece would help.

I think Roche should play a lot against Syracuse regardless.
I think Burton plays less than 45 minutes with Grace, and I think playing 45 affected him late when he missed 5 of 6 FTs.
maybe that Bigelow to Quinn pass at the end of regulation doesn't happen.
we'll never know but I don't see how not having a rotational piece would help.
Always agree with the bold...

I'm not one to overstate Grace's value but you don't think he was worth one point vs Syracuse?
I think we'd have the same end of game strategy to take the air out of the ball which kills all offensive aggressiveness like we have seen for the past 17 years. We had plenty of talent on the court to win all the games. Some like to ignore history, but it tends to repeat itself. I'd love to be proven wrong the rest of this season and in the future seasons.

The last two years are evidence to the contrary.
Well to be fair, last season we were very under achieving regular season, so we were not really winning games a pace meeting expectations of having Gilyard, Golden, Burton and all on the team. I think this is a talented team, if we can make NCAA this year, it will quiet things more. If we continue playing like this, it will get much lowder.

Reactions: plydogg
Well, we underperformed last year until our miracle run in DC and largely did the same in the Covid year, making a watered down NIT tournament that a lot of teams opted out of it.
And that's the issue with the status quo. Is it sustainable? You can't expect to make runs to the A10 championship as the 6 seed very often. Can we consistently make post season tournaments without guys being here for 4, 5, or 6 years? Can we plug in trasfers who were successfull at other programs and not go through rebuilds that take multiple years? And remember, some of CM's multiple year rebuilds ended up NOT resulting in NCAA tournament appearances.

With his very limited playing time this season, so take with a grain of salt, he's Richmond's 3rd highest RPIM per game scorer. I don't think him playing would've necessarily moved the needle but he's a veteran player who is well accustomed to Mooney's system.

Personally I think we'd be 4-3, there are way more problems other than lack of MFG impacting this team right now

mr., did you not get the memo? We are supposed to accept our place as a mid major player that is so small and with so high academic standards that this is the very best we can do. We have so many barriers to success. Beilein and Tarrant were aberrations that were playing against far superior competition. Once you realize this, your blood pressure will come way down, mine did and now I just love it when we win a game. Of course I did get on blood pressure meds, and the called me into Hardts office and pulled out a syringe. But things are good now

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT