ADVERTISEMENT

Wake

Mo 2.0

Assistant Coach
Jul 6, 2021
Dave appears to have built a hell of a team this fall. I'm sure they'll slip on a banana peel or two before they go to Death Valley on 11/9. But that might be a hell of a game.

The transfer Mustapha we lost to Wake just recovered a fumble.
Hate Spiders lost him, but still glad Wake got him if we had to lose him.

Reactions: urfan1
Clemson appears to be a shadow of its former self right now. Wake and UNC may have the best offenses in the league.

Dave Clawson is a hell of a coach. He is consistently winning @ Wake, probably the most difficult power 5 job. I said it last week after our loss to nova: Coaching matters. DCs teams are disciplined and his players get better every year. I'm pulling for Wake to go into Desth Valley undefeated. Go Deacs

The transfer Mustapha we lost to Wake just recovered a fumble.
Hate Spiders lost him, but still glad Wake got him if we had to lose him.
Agreed. Downside of recruiting at this level. You do too well and you lose the kids.

Deacs stay undefeated today, surely moving up from their current #19.

Mike Elko, Clawson's LB coach here in 2004-5 seasons is currently calling a masterpiece as DC for Texas A&M against Alabama.

Reactions: urfan1
Good game on TV with Wake @ Army. West Point is an outstanding game day atmosphere. Also noticed that Mustapha has played a ton…unfortunate to lose that type of talent.

The last time (I think) we played Wake we absolutely destroyed them, 42-0 or something like that, at City Stadium in 1973. We had a pretty darn good football program at one time.

And yes, Michie Stadium is a great place to watch CFB. Have been lucky enough to go to a game there. I wish we'd play them; they generally schedule 1 or 2 FCS teams, VMI played there several years ago.

Reactions: AnnapSpider
“There’s no one else on the planet running what they run,” said an opposing coach. “[Ruggiero] is the best offensive coordinator in the country and Clawson is the best coach in the ACC. It’s not even close. How Michiganor someone like that doesn’t go after him is nuts. I know it’s not sexy, but rarely do you see a team fix their flaws on offense from year to year like they do.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/70-poi...ed-into-sports-buzziest-attack-183528148.html

Rocco was at Richmond, and I bet he would seek Dave's counsel

Rocco was at Richmond, and I bet he would seek Dave's counsel
maybe should have been more clear, the comment was Ruggerio is a Blue Hen, my response was two fold, Rocco left here to go to UD (things aren't working so well) so you can make the argument Richmond is still the better place to work, and if he leaves Wake I've got to believe he will speak to Clawson about his future. I have no doubt Dave would tell him Richmond is a good place to work

Wake in the top 10 and Clemson unranked…crazy. Not sure that he’d take it but expect one of the SEC or Big 10 programs to throw a ridiculous amount of cash at him.

If they lose to OSU again, that might be it for Harbaugh. Would be a good fit for Clawson like it was for JB.

If Harbaugh leaves could Clawson be in the mix? He should if Michigan were smart tho at this point I won’t expect it. He’s got a good team returning at Wake but it’s Michigan.

While he’d be an outstanding hire, he’s known as a build from scratch guy. Michigan thinks they are a perennial contender. I can see them foolishly wanting “a higher profile”.

I wanted Clawson really bad at VT after we fired Fuente. Sadly we couldn’t get him from wake which is a bad look for us. Instead we are stuck with Brent pry who I think is an awful hire.

Clawson and Wake have a good team with strong prospects again, not what they wanted to see. hopefully Hartman able to return.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT