ADVERTISEMENT

Vinny Capra

Wood Hall

Team Manager
Jan 26, 2015
He made Toronto's triple-A International League team, the Buffalo Bisons, and played third base and hit leadoff on Tuesday in the season-opener for all of professional baseball at Sahlen Field in Buffalo. He was 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.

He hit .327 at New Hampshire in the AA Eastern League in 2021 in a breakout season. He hit .248 at short and long A in 2018 and .229 at New Hampshire in 2019 but did not play anywhere in 2020 because MiLB was shut down because of Covid.

Vinny had three hits last night at Rochester and is at .385 through seven games for the Bisons. I sure hope somehow he can make it to Toronto but they are pretty stacked with young talent. That said, you can do a lot worse than spending a year playing in Buffalo, which has one of the nicer stadiums in triple-A, draws pretty well and has decent summer weather.

I met him several years ago when he played summer ball in Walla Walla. A nice young man.

Looks like decent weather for the home series with VCU. Gonna try to catch a couple innings on tdhe stream every day. Miss watching baseball at Pitt Field.

Last edited:
Reactions: GKiller
Vinny's season continues to go well, hitting .316 in 15 games, with a great .400 OBP, .509 slugging and .909 OPS. Had a walkoff base hit the other night.

We beat GW yesterday before a crowd of 378; rubber game of the series today. The game I watched yesterday drew 3,924; the same teams drew 3,481 on Friday night in 50-degree weather. Having that many fans on campus, tailgating for several hours before the first pitch, is a wonderful recruiting tool

Maybe we could never get there but it bothers me how undervalued baseball is by our department. We have the perfect demographic for an excellent baseball program, just we continue to underfund it and (from what I read) don't make quality coaching a priority. At least they are making facility improvements.

Super. Great news for him and for the program.

Plus we defeated St. Bona's today 13-6. They are terrible and we need to sweep this weekend.

Reactions: urfan1
Made him MLB debut as the Jays' starting SS today, went 0-2 in a win over the Astros.

Got his first MLB hit tonight, a pinch single in the 8th. He then scored his first career run.

This is awesome for Vinny! Surprised the athletic department hasn't put two-and-two together given there is another Spider on the Blue Jays...

First base coach is Mark Budzinski -- helluva player in his own right.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Sent back to Buffalo last night when the Jays re-activated Cavan Biggio. Still, he had almost a month in MLB and that should definitely be a big bump to his income, since every day on an MLB roster is worth about $3,900, with the minimum having been raised to $700k.

Vinny went on Buffalo's 7-day IL on Monday. He's hitting .307, with three homers and 12 RBIs. I'll be back in WNY in late July and hope to see him play.

Well actually I hope he's back with Toronto but if he's in Buffalo I hope to see him play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT