ADVERTISEMENT

UR WLAX ranked #10

Geiersbach, Tierney Named Preseason IL Honorable Mention All-Americans

ILWomen's Preseason DI All-Americans | Inside Lacrosse

Last edited:
In the Nike / US Lacrosse Division I Women's Top 20, the Spiders hold at No. 12 for the second-straight week.

The week 3 Maverik / Inside Lacrosse Women's Division I Media Poll moved Richmond to 16th from 19th.

The IWLCA NCAA Division I Coaches Poll moved UR to number 17, after listing the Spiders as number 18 in last week's poll.

Last edited:
Spiders got blitzed by the 4-seed St. Joe's, 19–8...seems surprising, even though it was tough to assess teams based on regular season given the divisional format. Still, the Spiders' only loss before today was to UVA.

Spiders got blitzed by the 4-seed St. Joe's, 19–8...seems surprising, even though it was tough to assess teams based on regular season given the divisional format. Still, the Spiders' only loss before today was to UVA.
The wheels obviously fell off. St. Joe didn’t have that great of a record that anyone would have expected this outcome.
I wonder what happened to us? Players injured, held out for breaking team rules, or we just had our butts kicked?

We had a very favorable Covid schedule whereby we played the weaker “Southern” A10 teams 2X.Only Davidson 1X.UVA beat us resoundingly.The only tough team which they played.UVa is .500 this season.
The returnees with the extra year didn’t have the same firepower as previous years.
Gianforte in goal didn’t have her touch.
The midseason pause put the brakes on the season which really and only benefited from the favorable schedule.Maybe less partying next season will help.
Our Pandemic ranking this season was a gift holdover ranking from the 2 previous years.
Even with our “stellar” record and #1 seed we placed only 1 player on 1st Team A10 and 2 players on 2nd Team A10.The voters were obviously scratching their heads about the quality of our play this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnnapSpider
Yeah, definitely benefited from a weak schedule and reputation it looks like. Their RPI was only 41 despite being ranked in the polls. UMass at 13 and St. Joe's at 32, so the computers do seem to have done a much better job than the polls in our case, although Davidson ended up at 23.

Any chance at an at-large bid?
0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

The championship provides for a field of 29 teams to compete in a single-elimination tournament. Sixteen conference champions qualify automatically; the balance of the field is selected at-large by the NCAA Division I Women’s Lacrosse Committee. The top eight teams in the 29-team bracket for the championship are seeded. The top three teams receive first-round byes.

John Hardt's Regatta. It's almost Regatta season. The high tide of U of R athletics, the summer.

Reactions: whampas
The number of D-I women’s programs has grown by ~50% over the past 15 years. Men’s have grown by ~30%.

D-II and D-III have grown even faster.

Reactions: AnnapSpider
Delaney Galvin - Women's Lacrosse -GR GK
Transfer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/center...n-looks-toward-another-successful-season/amp/

Muldoon to Compete at 2021 Under Armour All-America Lacrosse Classic http://richmondspiders.com/news/202...nder-armour-all-america-lacrosse-classic.aspx

Richmond women's lacrosse incoming freshman Grace Muldoon will wrap up her prep career at the 2021 Under Armour All-America Lacrosse Classic on July 31 in Baltimore, Md., at Johns Hopkins University's historic Homewood Field at 5:30 p.m.

Muldoon, a native of Bethesda, Md., will represent Stone Ridge High and Richmond on the South All-Star squad as a midfielder. The top 44 senior girls are selected by INSIDE LACROSSE and a high school selection committee to play in the yearly exhibition contest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT