ADVERTISEMENT

UR WLAX ranked #10

All-ILWomen Rookie Team | Inside Lacrosse

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/all-ilwomen-rookie-team/56260

Arden Tierney, Richmond, Attack
Helping guide Richmond to a historic start (7-0) in 2020, Tierney landed on the Honorable Mention Media All-America attack list after leading the nation’s No. 4-ranked scoring offense in goals (24) to go along with 10 assists for 34 points—landing second on the Spiders’ scoring depth charts. In addition to her offensive production, Tierney led the Spiders with 60 draw controls—ranking fifth nationally with 8.57 per game.

I'm enjoying all the personel attributes attached at the end of the intros!

I don't know much about women's lacrosse - just watched a few games - but Madeleine Rudolph looked really tall in the pic above. So I clicked on her recruiting videos and she's listed at 6'2" or 6'3". From what little I know and watched, her height appears to be an advantage both with draw control and on attack operating above a lot of the traffic.

I don't know much about women's lacrosse - just watched a few games - but Madeleine Rudolph looked really tall in the pic above. So I clicked on her recruiting videos and she's listed at 6'2" or 6'3". From what little I know and watched, her height appears to be an advantage both with draw control and on attack operating above a lot of the traffic.

She’s only an incoming junior at Good Counsel(where my daughter played both LAX and soccer).She has effectively over 2 years to get even bigger(weight) and better before entering UR.Her father is a coach in Olney.

Benefactor Queally’s niece was a draw force for UR and before that at the Taft School In CT and she was 5-9”.

Rudolph:

Queally:

Women’s Lacrosse Ranks No. 11 in US Lacrosse Magazine’s Early 2021 Rankings

11. RICHMOND
2020 record: 7-0

Last seen: Climbing the national rankings on a weekly basis, ending with a 22-9 win over Old Dominion.

Initial forecast: There’s a lot to like in Richmond. The team’s top six point producers are back, headlined by the one-two punch of Sam Geiersbach and Arden Tierney. Julia Schmuckler needs to be replaced in the midfield, as does Meghan Quinn on the defensive end, but midfielder Madison Ostrick and goalkeeper Megan Gianforte are back as integral grad students. The Spiders began garnering national attention after topping state rival Virginia in overtime on Feb. 26, Richmond’s first win over a top-10 team and first win over Virginia since 2006. That was the exclamation point during the shortened 2020 season, but Richmond should have plenty more opportunities to climb the rankings in 2021. It looks like the Spiders could be here to stay.

DIVISION I WOMEN
presented by

NIKE/US LACROSSE RANKINGS
DIVISION I MEN | DIVISION I WOMEN
DIVISION II MEN | DIVISION II WOMEN
DIVISION III MEN
| DIVISION III WOMEN

PRESEASONW/LPREVNEXT
1North Carolina0-0N/AN/A
2Notre Dame0-0N/AN/A
3Loyola0-0N/AN/A
4Syracuse0-0N/AN/A
5Stony Brook0-0N/AN/A
6Northwestern0-0N/AN/A
7Florida0-0N/AN/A
8Maryland0-0N/AN/A
9Michigan0-0N/AN/A
10Richmond0-0N/AN/A
11Penn0-0N/AN/A
12Denver0-0N/AN/A
13James Madison0-0N/AN/A
14USC0-0N/AN/A
15Duke0-0N/AN/A
16Dartmouth0-0N/AN/A
17Boston College0-0N/AN/A
18Virginia0-0N/AN/A
19UMass0-0N/AN/A
20Virginia Tech0-0N/AN/A
ALSO CONSIDERED (ALPHABETICAL ORDER): COLORADO, HOFSTRA, NAVY, PENN STATE, STANFORD

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/women/2021-ncaa-lacrosse-preview-no-10-richmond-women

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT