ADVERTISEMENT

UFA distillery found

BoatWrong05

Rookie
Aug 23, 2005
See link below. I feel like this is one story we can all get behind. Possible comments:

1. The 1300 block is, of course, located on Copperhead Road.

2. Now Bo and Luke knew that Boss Hogg would probably put them in front of the Judicial Council. And they'd lost two of the stills. But Cousin Daisy was on the Council, and dang if there wasn't one more still...in the trunk of the General Lee.

3. On the plus side, it wasn't a meth lab. And, btw, the kid "appropriated" materials from Gottwald. Do you think maybe this was an independent study crossed between Chemistry and Economics? If so, does this count against the grade?

Distillery found in University Forest Apartments

maybe, the staff from the dean's office have been to that apt numerous times this semester, just guessing. thought this was a federal offense, not state.

Let's see, chemistry, marketing, food service, logistics, management, food processing, sounds like a great out of class education. I'm glad we have well rounded students.

bet the kid was from Franklin. probably hoping to get on Discovery channel Spider Moonshiner.

in all seroiusness this is a serious crime. i wonder if the commonwealth will prosecute here or not. its instant jail time. since its on university property not sure what will happen

Well the article says

There are no criminal charges, and the incident has been referred to the dean's office, Simonds said.

Nice to see some initiative from the student.

am not sure what will happen and we here can laugh about it but this is a serious deal and if the young man suffers no consequences, he may not learn the life lesson he needs to, going forward. saw this with my own nephew who did one thing after another with no real consequence from the courts and he eventually, thinking that nothing could happen to him, really screwed up.

What got him in most trouble was taking University property. That is what will get him expelled. This might be a first as he wanted to make best batch of PJ!

I agree this is a serious offense and my earlier tongue in cheek comment was not designed to make light of the serious nature of he activity. I agree the theft of equipment may be what "kicks" him out of the school . My question, would it likely be a permanent out, or a semester/year type of out?

Fan, OK to laugh and make funny comments, mine was as well but only hope the guy realizes that you can receive more than a slap on the wrist in life when you break the law, stealing, making shine, whatever you do that may be wrong.

I think referral to dean's office is appropriate. I don't find too serious. There is not much context. My guess is he wasn't running a business but doing it for fun. The "borrowing" of science center equipment is potentially problematic but manageable. If the kid was otherwise out of trouble I don't see need for coming down on him too hard. There is also the issue of the dean's office inspectors going into the apartment and reporting it, maybe their duty maybe not depends on what they saw. Relative non story but guess got me to post. heck there was a chick when I was in school who did one of those hidden births, no I'm not pregnant denials, then gave birth at school tried to get rid of baby fortunately it was found. I swear I saw this girl at sorority formal not long after.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT