ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Nickel - 2022 Offer

Those are some big time offers. Wonder how big of a difference a run in the tourney would make this year!

kid's going to score over 3,000 points in HS.
no surprise he wears #5!

Tyler got invited to Coach Wooten Top 150 camp which looks like a prerequisite to possibly making the McDonald's All American Game. 90 minutes away from campus.....lets roll out the carpet!!

No UVA offer yet?

Reactions: plydogg
None of which were big accounts though. Those guys on our current were like buying in on Tesla, Amazon, or Facebook before they shot up in value.
Exactly and in that mix, Mooney has landed some myspace type accounts as well.

Reactions: plydogg
if ranking services and other coaches didn't see what Mooney saw in Jacob Gilyard and Grant Golden ... that's on them.

it's not about landing the highest ranked players. it's about landing the right players and putting together a great roster. not saying Mooney's always done that. but he's done that now.

Reactions: VT4700
Agree, I give Mooney credit for putting together a great team this year. I will say I believe Grant had a foot injury that probably scared away a lot of p6. Coach Jenkins is on record as saying that Gilly would be at Kansas if a couple inches taller. So those were excellent finds, but Mooney is still struggling to land the consistent talent to move us up to the ladder to a Dayton/VCU/Gonzaga/St. Mary's/SDSU top of the mid major heap. He needs to land some of the bigger targets more consistently. This class came together nicely, but prior to last season we always had some major holes.
That said - I do think Moon is on a good run here and would like to see an impact 6'8 transfer - that would really solidify the work done in the last 2-3 recruiting classes.

Been a long time since anybody posted in this thread since it’s been clear he was going to go big time, but he’s now announced his final 5: UNC, Iowa, VT, LSU, and Butler.

We’re not on the list. Still, got to love the optimist. Never right but always hopeful. Here’s hoping year 5, or is it 6, works out for the greatest class ever

Was looking at the Heat Sheet Twitter account that was posted in another thread and saw they are reporting VT as the likely landing spot. At least Tyler could be landing in the right State.

Also reporting Rodney Rice as a VT win.

4700 may be happy.

We're in the wrong thread now, but Rice is taking an official visit to VT next week, and Louisville a couple of weeks later.

We're in the wrong thread now, but Rice is taking an official visit to VT next week, and Louisville a couple of weeks later.
Thought about looking for Rice thread but seemed like a redundant comment and decided to consolidate to one post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT