ADVERTISEMENT

Trusler FCS Punter of the Year Semifinalist

I sure was hoping for a couple of fake punts this season. There were a bunch of times that I saw where the field was wide open for him to run and get the first down. The rugby style is perfect for faking a punt because the punter is already running forward. Successful fake punts turn games around because you retain possession when the other team was prepared to have the ball. And Aaron is obviously fast and a good athlete with his rugby background.

We hardly ever see anything outside the box with this coaching staff. The one gadget play we ran against Sacramento worked perfectly, except the kid dropped a perfectly thrown pass. Maybe next year...

Trusler was very strong. Great hang time and I can’t remember many, if any, shanks. Long snapper was very solid as well. I appreciated that against SS that Trusler ran up almost to LOS before kicking.

Reactions: urfan1
Trusler was very strong. Great hang time and I can’t remember many, if any, shanks. Long snapper was very solid as well. I appreciated that against SS that Trusler ran up almost to LOS before kicking.
My earlier point. He looked like he wanted to run but hesitated (maybe coaching). It appeared he could have easily gotten the 6 yards we needed.

I thought he had actually crossed the LOS but I guess not. It was really close.

I’m not sure I can bring myself to watch the replay - watching it live I was worried he was going to try and not be able to get close to making it. Regardless, that was the first time I could remember him at least making the defense think about it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT