ADVERTISEMENT

TRUMPF'S LIES - LIE DU JOUR

It's interesting to me that a president can't nominate and receive a confirmation hearing for a Supreme Court justice with 10 months left in his term, but doing so with 4 months left is totally cool.

It's interesting to me that a president can't nominate and receive a confirmation hearing for a Supreme Court justice with 10 months left in his term, but doing so with 4 months left is totally cool.

Not really that interesting. In one case, the Senate was controlled by the opposite party and disinclined to approve the nominee the President was putting forth. In this case the Senate is controlled by the same party as the President and inclined to approve whoever is put forth. It requires just a modicum of common sense and the bare minimum cursory understanding of our political system to understand.

Reactions: SpiderK
We can all agree that McConnell is proving himself to be a hypocrite of the highest degree possible. If you're cool with that, great. But there's literally no possible way for him to reconcile what he said then with what he plans to do now. None.

McConnell did what any Majority Leader in his position would have done then, and is doing what any Majority Leader in his position would do now. It is a total non-story to anybody with even a passing knowledge of our political system.

Last edited:
No, he whined liked a baby then and apparently developed amnesia now. Look, do whatever you want to do -- just be honest about it. He wasn't. Either you believe no nominations should be heard during a president's final year in office -- as he very clearly said for years ago -- or you don't. Or you believe in whatever is best for your side at the time, which is McConnell's schtick. It's repulsive, and I don't care which side it's coming from I'd call it out as such.

Reactions: bullfrog91
If they were so disinclined why were they afraid to allow Obama to nominate someone? Couldn’t they have voted him or her down? I’m afraid my common sense has left me.

Reactions: bullfrog91
If they were so disinclined why were they afraid to allow Obama to nominate someone? Couldn’t they have voted him or her down? I’m afraid my common sense has left me.

They could have, but you have a couple of ostensibly GOP Senators like Murkowski who are Democrats in all but name so the GOP Caucus didn't want to risk it. Best move was to not even bother calling for a vote at all. Second best move would have been calling for a vote and voting it down. Worst move would have been calling for a vote and voting the person in. McConnell chose the best option (which is rare for him as he's usually a total Swamp Creature).

The Dems are already on record saying they will pack the courts whenever they retake power though, so this whole discussion is really moot. SCOTUS as an institution is a lame duck and it will cease to have any significance at all in just a few years.

The main importance of this nomination is politics. Trump should pick the Cuban gal from Miami to seal up Florida vote.

“SCOTUS as an institution is a lame duck“ No my friend, SCOTUS will never be a lame duck as long as there are three Constitutional mandates of 3 separate divisions of government.
If the court was totally liberal would it be any less important than if it was totally conservative?
No, the Supreme Court will always be part of the government, barring a revolution.

Reactions: Eight Legger
Sun don't shine on the same dog every day --- for 30 years we have removed, eliminated, weakened the internal checks and balances built into our system -- big part of the reason we are in the political hotbed we find ourselves in

Sun don't shine on the same dog every day --- for 30 years we have removed, eliminated, weakened the internal checks and balances built into our system -- big part of the reason we are in the political hotbed we find ourselves in
Specifically, what has SCOTUS allowed that you feel was unconstitutional?

We can all be thankful we are not part of the 200 million Americans who have died from Covid-19. Well anyway that is the number stated by the Democrat nominee for president Joe Biden at his campaign event in Philadelphia on Sunday.

We can all be thankful we are not part of the 200 million Americans who have died from Covid-19. Well anyway that is the number stated by the Democrat nominee for president Joe Biden at his campaign event in Philadelphia on Sunday.

And, 3 minutes later he corrected it by saying 200,000. In other words, he said the wrong number and made a correction, which is a heck of a lot different than dumbass, who constantly either lies intentionally or never corrects anything when wrong.

If we're going to criticize Biden for slip-ups in speech (and he has had several), Trump has put four years worth of similar material out there, as well as thousands of outright lies, as 4700 points out. Call them both ways.

This weekend, for instance, Trump said we would be the fist nation to land an astronaut on "Nars." Like Biden, he corrected himself too, so I'm not going to harp on it much.

If we're going to criticize Biden for slip-ups in speech (and he has had several), Trump has put four years worth of similar material out there, as well as thousands of outright lies, as 4700 points out. Call them both ways.

This weekend, for instance, Trump said we would be the fist nation to land an astronaut on "Nars." Like Biden, he corrected himself too, so I'm not going to harp on it much.
I have no idea how to reply to fist Nars...

You are comparing a guy who can speak extemporaneously for hours on end without problems to a guy who struggles to get through a five minute prepared speech and can't take live questions. Flubbing the odd word is human. Being completely and totally out of it is a sign of dementia.

BTW, Joe's good friend Nancy Pelosi doesn't seem to be holding up much better. Stephanopoulos' face is priceless:

Last edited:
I saw that and actually thought it was humorous, GS had tried about 3 times to get her to spill the beans and she refused. Her only "error", maybe it was purposefully done, was to give the wrong shows intro.

You are comparing a guy who can speak extemporaneously for hours on end without problems to a guy who struggles to get through a five minute prepared speech and can't take live questions. Flubbing the odd word is human. Being completely and totally out of it is a sign of dementia.

BTW, Joe's good friend Nancy Pelosi doesn't seem to be holding up much better. Stephanopoulos' face is priceless:

"Extemporaneously... without problems." Stop with the humor. Trump has a vocabulary of about 12 words and there are YouTube channels full of hours of his nonsensical ramblings. If you are opposed to a president with mental health issues and dementia, I'm not sure why you support one with both.

Reactions: VT4700
Trump developed his eclectic, highly effective speaking style over the course of his five decade career as a public speaker. I can go back and look at video twenty years ago and Trump sounds exactly the same as he does today. Joe Biden is completely and totally unrecognizable from the man he was just four to six years ago. Biden is at the stage where you would start to worry about leaving him home alone.

I hear that same line on Fox news almost every day

Not that much, actually, as Fox is Soros Sponsored Propaganda for all but 3 hours a day (you must only watch Tucker, which I have to say is a smart move). But the host of of the most popular news program in America has certainly noticed:

If Fox is propaganda and the president watches and parrots (tweets) said propaganda ... hmm

If Fox is propaganda and the president watches and parrots (tweets) said propaganda ... hmm

Any good general keeps tabs on the enemy. Trump regularly points out FoxNews' bias and will give the far superior (in its news coverage at least) OANN a plug now and then.

I think the point Joe Rogan makes about being willing to call out your own side is important. The right should be willing to concede, as Tucker Carlson himself pointed out, that while Trump generally means well, he is not really "competent" at politics. Likewise, the Left should be willing to concede the rather obvious fact that Joe Biden is clearly suffering from dementia. This is not a political issue. I disapprove of Elizabeth Warren's politics nearly as much as I do Joe Biden's, but there is no evidence she has suffered disqualifying levels of cognitive decline. Nobody would entrust Joe Biden to answer a 911 call or work the line in a kitchen. That he is the Dems' Presidential nominee is a complete and utter embarrassment.

Ah yes, that bastion of journalism, Joe Rogan. I guess he probably earned his degree in between broadcasting jiu jitsu matches and making the rounds on the comedy club tour. Next you'll tell me that OANN is fair and unbiased.

Ah yes, that bastion of journalism, Joe Rogan. I guess he probably earned his degree in between broadcasting jiu jitsu matches and making the rounds on the comedy club tour. Next you'll tell me that OANN is fair and unbiased.

He has the most popular news and talk show in the entire country. Shows you how far the "mainstream media" has fallen that a mediocre comedian and fight commentator was able to so easily vault to the top of the ratings. Rogan's formula is pretty simple- he invites interesting people on his show and has conversations with them. Truly radical stuff. But nobody in "mainstream" news can do that anymore.

Congratulations to him. He's a good talking head, not a journalist. There's a big difference.

New York Times publishes Donald Trump's tax returns in election bombshell

Last edited:
Damning. But of course Trump supporters will just write it off as fake because it provides evidence of something they don't like. The man is a danger to every single one of us. Not sure how much more obvious it could be.

Last edited:
Reactions: VT4700
There’s one sure way to exonerate or incarcerate and that’s for him to release his tax info as he has repeatedly promised. Guessing that won’t happen.

Damning. But of course Trump supporters will just write it off as fake because it provides evidence of something they don't like. The man is a danger to every single one of us. Not sure how much more obvious it could be.

Trump has been under IRS audit for years. The idea he is cheating on his taxes (which would have been done by his almost certainly Leftist leaning Manhattan lawyers and accountants, not him, anyway) is laughable. You'd literally have to be brain dead to believe it. Trump lost hundred of millions of his personal fortune by being President. Just look at the restrictions the Trump International operates under all to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

Moreover, Trump has his salary set up where the entire check is deposited directly back to the US Treasury. That's 1.6 million he's donated to the IRS over the past 4 four years. I don't remember Biden or Obama donating their salaries, do you? Obama just bought a 20 million dollar house on Martha's Vineyard. Biden Family made millions accepting bribes during his tenure as Vice President. For Trump, public service has been what it is supposed to be- a person making a sacrifice to give back to their country.

Last edited:
Then why won’t he release his returns as every president has since Nixon?

What possible purpose would that serve other than give the Lying Media easily misrepresented data to write hit pieces on him? Due to the size and insanely complicated nature of his business, he is under IRS Audit and has been for much of his professional career. It is almost physically impossible for him to cheat on his taxes even if he were inclined to do so. And he doesn't even prepare his own taxes anyway- that work is done by tax professionals.

The only people in America who want to see Trump's taxes are people that utterly despise him and have spent the past four years writing nothing but lies about him. Why would Trump go out of his way to do them a favor?

04 appears to me to be someone working in the campaign, not a Spider fan -- little to say about the Spiders, lots of defense and attack in favor of DJT

Reactions: Marley13
Most of Agent Orange’s charitable tax write-offs are reportedly for not developing property he owns

04 appears to me to be someone working in the campaign, not a Spider fan -- little to say about the Spiders, lots of defense and attack in favor of DJT

Or, like most UR Grads, I support the President while also sporting an IQ high enough to make reasoned arguments. If we are looking for Fake Spiders, I think 32counter would be a more likely suspect. Maybe he's so old that he got in before UR beefed up their admittance standards, but his politics, which are goofy and deranged even by Left Wing standards, still raise questions. Personal attacks aren't my thing though, so I'll leave that discussion to others.

What possible purpose would that serve other than give the Lying Media easily misrepresented data to write hit pieces on him? Due to the size and insanely complicated nature of his business, he is under IRS Audit and has been for much of his professional career. It is almost physically impossible for him to cheat on his taxes even if he were inclined to do so. And he doesn't even prepare his own taxes anyway- that work is done by tax professionals.

The only people in America who want to see Trump's taxes are people that utterly despise him and have spent the past four years writing nothing but lies about him. Why would Trump go out of his way to do them a favor?

“ Due to the size and insanely complicated nature of his business, he is under IRS Audit and has been for much of his professional career.”

Knowing a little something about biz myself and also how the IRS operates, please explain to us
about this guys insanely complicated nature of his biz.Assume all of us know know about accounting and depreciation and amortization and accrual accounting and loss carryforwards and tax credits.Enlighten us.No politics here 04.Show us what ya know.

BTW,I voted for Agent Orange in 2016.Its the dumbest event of my life.

04-You incriminated yourself by the over abundance of your naïveté by your statement below.This one makes me LOL.

“It is almost physically impossible for him to cheat on his taxes even if he were inclined to do so. And he doesn't even prepare his own taxes anyway- that work is done by tax professionals.”

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT