ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Smith - 2023 Signee

Really haven't heard much about Trevor's recruiting. He was offered early by a number of solid programs, but things have been pretty quiet.

The reading-the-tea-leaves guy in me wonders if our offer to Finley last night means we know we're out of the running for Trevor. Both are guards, and we may only have as few as two spots in this class if Burton and Crabtree come ba
I like it. Let's go.

Keep FDU away from MoJo.
Double mojo’s paycheck

You need to follow your heart. We will be just fine Go Spiders 💯🕷🕷
You need to be either hot or cold. One foot I and out is not good!
Really haven't heard much about Trevor's recruiting. He was offered early by a number of solid programs, but things have been pretty quiet.

The reading-the-tea-leaves guy in me wonders if our offer to Finley last night means we know we're out of the running for Trevor. Both are guards, and we may only have as few as two spots in this class if Burton and Crabtree come back.
sometimes we ought to just wait the process out.
We can be own worst enemy.

Reactions: urfan1
You need to be either hot or cold. One foot I and out is not good!

“Statistican, a person who lays with his head in a oven and his feet in a deep freeze stating, ‘On the average, I feel comfortable’” was cited in print in 1960, when it was credited to C. Bruce Grossman.

We've now gone 2-2 on 804/757 VA ALL DAY point guards over that school downtown... love to see it. I think it speaks volumes how our program enables & celebrates point guards as well as the way our academics sell their family too...an incredibly valuable degree to wield once on-the-court hoops careers are wrapped.

Who runs Richmond & Virginia now?
Let our actions speak for us! 🕷🕷💯

Well dang. I was excited until SpiderK said something nice and un-negative. Now I'm questioning everything.
Don’t panic, I am rarely wrong. By the way speaking of rarely wrong, has anyone seen a Pittsburgh Maulers game yet? 😊

watched more of the highlights, like this pickup even more.
I'm with you Brooklyn. Went through his twitter feed and watched some more highlights. Things that stood out: Looks like a tough player, not afraid to attack, can finish through contact. He actually looks taller than his listed height, has some length and hops. From the initial highlights I saw, I had a concern that he may be a little offensively challenged similar to Zay. But watching more I think he has good creativity, finishing ability, and pretty good shooter - I think. As sman noted, little bit funky shot - kind of brings it over to the left, but good rotation and arc. Will be exciting to follow his senior year, we missed out on that with Nelson b/c of pandemic.

Love his aggressive attacking mindset on the court.

Reactions: spiderman
If you would have told me 3 months ago, we would be getting either Smith or Bizjack, I would have been super psyched. So, bottom line is...............I am super psyched to have Smith.

Reactions: gcarter52
Kinda funny if he committed before even taking an official visit, but obviously he's not far away so an unofficial visit would have been easy.

And the visit clock resets August 1, so he could take another one to UR after that if he felt like hanging out again for a weekend on UR's dime.

Kinda funny if he committed before even taking an official visit, but obviously he's not far away so an unofficial visit would have been easy.

And the visit clock resets August 1, so he could take another one to UR after that if he felt like hanging out again for a weekend on UR's dime.
Not out of the realm. Dji took several unofficials to Wake and didn’t take his official till after he committed. I know other players too that have done the same. Plus like you said he’s close and clock reset 😀

3 star according to Rivals, Top 200 nationally according to 247 Recruiting, offers from, Va Tech, VCU, Florida, STL, Murray St......there is a lot to like here!!

UR pointing out that Trevor is our highest-rated recruit ever per 24/7, beating out Merritt. Of course, Isaiah Wilson is #4and Sal is #8 on that list, so...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT