ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Smith - 2023 Signee

SFspidur

Spider's Club
Gold Member
May 5, 2003
Thanks to spiderman for pointing this out in the tracker thread!

6' PG out of Newport News. Summer offers from Wake, South Carolina, with VCU, Georgetown, and Depaul offers back in the spring. Tech, Florida, ODU, SLU all offered way earlier.

Really haven't heard much about Trevor's recruiting. He was offered early by a number of solid programs, but things have been pretty quiet.

The reading-the-tea-leaves guy in me wonders if our offer to Finley last night means we know we're out of the running for Trevor. Both are guards, and we may only have as few as two spots in this class if Burton and Crabtree come back.

Yep, SF, and do wonder if Nelson being here as a freshman eligible influences this decision - imagine they played and know each other from AAU circuit, though Mooney obviously has shown willingness to play two 6 feet or under guards together. Won't have to wait long on this one.

Reactions: WCUR11
If he doesn’t pick us I really hope he doesn’t pick VCU
We've now gone 2-2 on 804/757 VA ALL DAY point guards over that school downtown... love to see it. I think it speaks volumes how our program enables & celebrates point guards as well as the way our academics sell their family too...an incredibly valuable degree to wield once on-the-court hoops careers are wrapped.

Who runs Richmond & Virginia now?

Does he play with Lang on Team Loaded? I know it's been a while since we offered him, but if we can pair Trevor with a solid big in his class, that'd be ideal.

Reactions: urfan1
So we have 4 spots still open for 2023?
But Burton, Crabtree, and Quinn could take 3 of them?

Reactions: Section9.RowD
So we have 4 spots still open for 2023?
But Burton, Crabtree, and Quinn could take 3 of them?
tough to keep track of these days.
I think you can also include Bigelow.
I believe Quinn, Burton, Crabtree and Bigelow will all be graduating with the option to stay.

we can only take one more right now until this time next year when those 4 announce their intentions. we're just replacing Grace and Goose for now.

Yep, SF, and do wonder if Nelson being here as a freshman eligible influences this decision - imagine they played and know each other from AAU circuit, though Mooney obviously has shown willingness to play two 6 feet or under guards together. Won't have to wait long on this one.
Use of two smaller guards was mentioned in the 24/7 article. Nice pick up. Again, running and winning in the bigger ponds now. Great to see. I'm moving my off season grade up to B++ now :).

Sounds like Smith is open to playing off the ball. Also, article compares to Blake Francis. I know we recently had the debate about smaller guards, and playing two together - however we were one A10 game win from NCAA two years ago with Gilly and Blake.

Not entirely sure how to count Bigelow since he's only used two years of eligibility but been in school for four years. Have to imagine he intends to play two more years to have a full four-year career, but technically could move on after next year.

Also fully expect Quinn to use his extra year...I'm sure that was part of the discussion in the transfer process.

Burton and Crabtree I'm less sure about...Burton could obviously be in a decent draft position depending on how things go next year, and Crabtree may just decide to move on given he'll have already spent four years at UR following his Tulane year.

to be honest I hate that JOC pointed out his stats in a 109-31 victory. I get playing him with a college coach in the stands, but still.

we've got a boatload of competition coming up at guard. I see talk of a small backcourt again, but someone's going to have to go through Dji first, Roche is ideally a 2 but I suppose he can play 3, and we don't even know what we have in Randolph or Dread yet.

God damn, Mooney. That sweet nectar of the NCAA tournament has sure put some pep in your recruiting game. Top 150 guard with offers from South Carolina, Wake, Georgetown, Tech, Florida, and of course are neighbors down on Broad Street and he's coming here. I might have to buy the Moondog a cold one on me next time I see him, cause he is having himself a week here.

tough to keep track of these days.
I think you can also include Bigelow.
I believe Quinn, Burton, Crabtree and Bigelow will all be graduating with the option to stay.

we can only take one more right now until this time next year when those 4 announce their intentions. we're just replacing Grace and Goose for now.
I wasn't including Bigelow because the other 3 would be Super Seniors in 2023, Bigelow would be a 6th year regular Senior...

I think o_O

Reactions: Section9.RowD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT